Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Japanese Therapy for Moya Moya (Read 2304 times)
floridian
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Jacksonville, USA, FL, Florida
Japanese Therapy for Moya Moya
Nov 25th, 2003 at 4:17pm

Greetings, and Hi DJ.
I am a regular at the Cluster Headache Board, which DJ also founded.  I was doing research on clusters and CGRP, and found an article on a Japanese herbal formula that could concievably help with that type of headache.  I did more digging, and found one article that describes how that formula was used in Japan to treat Moya Moya.

Quote:
Am J Chin Med. 1992;20(3-4):319-24. Related Articles, Links

A case report of Moyamoya disease: successfully treated with Chinese medicine.

Hiyama Y, Itoh T, Shimada Y, Shimada T, Terasawa K.

Department of Japanese-Oriental Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University Hospital, Japan.

The incidence of Willis' ring obstruction (Moyamoya disease) in Japan is higher than in Europe and North America. The therapeutic technique usually employed is either surgery or Western drug treatment. But these methods are still not satisfactory. We attempted to apply Chinese medicinal treatment to a patient with Moyamoya disease. This patient was referred to our department because of the ineffectiveness of Western drug treatment. The patient made satisfactory progress with Gui-Zhi-Fu-Ling-Wan and Xiao-Xu-Ming-Tang. We also noticed the improvement of the "stagnated blood condition." Whole blood viscosity was decreased and the blood flow rate in the bulbar conjunctiva was increased.

The Gui-Zhi-Fu-Ling-Wan is the Chinese name for Keishi-bukuryo-gan. It contains equal amounts of: 
Bai Shao / Peony (White)
Rou Gui / Cinnamon Bark
Tao Ren / Peach Pit
Fu Ling / Poria cocos fungus
Mu Dan Pi (Su) / Moutan

I willl be the first to admit that I know zip about M&M, but thought that you might be interested in this research.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge