Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ok, here is how I envision this board working... (Read 59810 times)
Christa36
New Poster

nothing to small that
god cant handle

Duck, USA, WV, West_Virginia
Re: Ok, here is how I envision this board working.
Reply #25 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 8:03pm

My daughter PJ just had surgery on Oct. 26, 2007 she is 5 yrs old now her surgeion was Dr. Mark Lucanio at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland OH.  If anyone needs some information on him please let me know through an e-mail at ChristaBrosius_71@yahoo.com Smiley

IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sanford, USA, usa, 465, 285, FL, Florida
Reply #26 - Nov 29th, 2007 at 9:24pm

I've never posted who done my surgries  Smiley My 1st surgery was done @ the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville by Dr. Michael Link (he is at the Mayo in Rochester now) My 2nd surgery was in Orlando Florida by Dr. Christopher Baker,    Both were Very Good......I Believe Dr. Link really saved my life since I had 2 Strokes a couple days before my 1st surgery.....I am a diabetic with high blood pressure and high cholestrol (all 3 of these things put me @ high risk)  It will be 10 years on New Years Eve. since my 1st surgery..... Cheesy

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

amandasmom
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

costa mesa, USA, CA, California
Dr. Michael Muhonen Orange CA
Reply #27 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 12:24am

Dr. Muhonen at Childrens Hospital of Orange County did my daughter's EDAS procedure in August 2005.  I considered Dr. Steinberg at Stanford, and also a doctor at UCLA doctors, but ended up staying local (we live in Orange county) to be close to home and have the support of family and friends. I didn't want the surgery to be performed by medical students at UCLA, and I knew that an experienced surgeon (Dr. Muhonen) would do it at CHOC.The procedure was successful, but the area has not revascularized to the point the doctor would like to see...likely because Amanda is in a wheelchair due to Muscular Dystrophy.  However, the improved blood flow seems adequate for her needs,and she has not had further strokes.

IP Logged

pharmchip
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

st joseph, USA, MO, Missouri
Reply #28 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 10:42pm

My wife was just diagnosed July 10, 2008.  Her neurologist has recommended a Dr. Paul Camarata in Kansas City, Missouri, we live in St Joseph, MO.  We are kind of new to the area and know nothing about this doctor.  Has anyone heard of him and can tell me something about him.  thanks.

IP Logged

MrsDeej
YaBB Administrator

My life is what I make
it....and it's beautiful!

Wichita, KS
Reply #29 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 10:23am

I'm sorry to hear your wife has been recently diagnosed, but I'm so glad you found us!  I know that this is a very overwhelming and confusing time, but this site and the people here are here to HELP YOU THROUGH THIS!!!!  You're not alone!!

Read up on much as you can and ask questions if you need to.  I would do some extensive homework on this Dr. that has been recommended to you, EXPERIENCE DOES MATTER!!  My husband had both his surgeries at Stanford in California with Dr. Steinberg, a leading moyamoya expert.  He will review films and Xrays for free and will give you his expert opinion regarding the surgical options for your wife.  Just because a doctor says they can perform the surgery, doesn't necessarily mean they are experienced at treating the disease.

We are here for you and your family, I look forward to hearing from you!!

Very best,
Stephanie

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!
WWW MrsDeej MrsDeej 1514951301  
IP Logged

abbe
New Poster

My son has MM

Merrillville, USA, usa, 373, 129, IN, Indiana
Reply #30 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 9:29pm

My son (who is 2 years old now) had his surgery when he was 8 months old by Dr. David Frim, Cheif of pediatric neurosurgery. from the University of Chicago[/color].  If this is for and adult in the Chicago area, he may be able to point you to who he believes you should go through.  Dr. Curry also participated in my sons surgery, but I am not sure if he too is strictly pediatric.

e-mail: dfrim@peds.bsd.uchicago.edu
phone: (773)702-2475

I hope this will be of some help at least to one person.
Abbe Harpp
Merrillville, IN

IP Logged

BWebster
New Poster

Grand Rapids, USA, MI, Michigan
Re: Ok, here is how I envision this board working...
Reply #31 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 12:20am

We have a 14 yr old daughter adopted from Bangladesh who just had surgeries by Dr. Jodi Smith at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis.  She trained in Boston with Dr. Scott, and was excellent.  She has a very special interest and dedication to her moyamoya patients, and we highly recommend her.

Barbara Webster
Hudsonville, Michigan
BWebster143@gmail.com

IP Logged

Liz
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mokau, New_Zealand, australia, 513, 299
Reply #32 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 9:13pm

Hi my daughter has had bypass surgery in New Zealand with Mr Andrew Law. He is our expert here and has performed all of the moyamoya patients here to my knowledge. Liz

IP Logged

jackzxcasd4
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #33 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 11:30pm

Hey DJ ,  Since i was diagnosed with mm, i have met three other women here in Houston texas that have had wonderful results with Dr. James Rose at The Methodist Hospital. He is has a lot of experience and a wonderful bedside manner. We all highly recommend him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
pearl set  silver Jewelry for sale  best christmas gifts
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2011 at 11:31pm by jackzxcasd4 »  

IP Logged

corynski
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

lancing, tn
Reply #34 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 10:21pm

I would like to recommend Dr. Robert A. Mericle, in Nashville at the HW Neurological Institute (615-320-0007), who did two surgeries this past year (2013) on my son, 40 years old, who is recovering well, and back to work now.

charles coryn
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2014 at 10:22pm by corynski »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge