Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Matthew's Video (Read 7702 times)
DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
Matthew's Video
Jul 4th, 2004 at 4:52pm

Hi DJ.  When I click on the link or the image for the video on the homepage, it opens another Netscape window full of garbled text and other characters.

I upgraded to Windows Media Player 9.

Any ideas?

Diane

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
Re: Matthew's Video
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2004 at 5:06pm

Deej,

You can ignore my technical help request . . . I figured out how to save the file to my computer and watch it.  Excellent.

One question, the phone numbers at the end -- are they now in area code 650?  Is there a way to make that information public, since you can't change the video itself?  Hopefully, most people who see it will have seen it here and have Internet access, so they will figure it out anyway.

Diane

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

Matthews_Dad
New Poster

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 158, C
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 4:25am

DJ-

I'm having the same problems as Diane.

I'm running Windows XP on a Pentium 4 via DSL at home.  I downloaded the Windows Media 7 upgrade and still was unable to get the video to play.

I am able to view the video at work.

At home, I am able to view the KRON TV video clip.

Matthews Dad

IP Logged

gilberttl
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lewisville, USA, usa, 285, 247, TX, Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 11:13am

DJ : I have been able to watch  Matthew's video with no problems, but can't get the Stanford video's(Krohn) to work.  Is there something extra I need installed for it?   Smiley Tricia

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2004 at 2:55pm

Greg,

You haven't been able to save Matthew's video to your hard drive (right click, save as...) and watch it from there?  Some people have had problems with it streaming on the net.  Lemme know.

Tricia,

Do you have a dial-up or high speed connection?  Seems Stanford encoded the video in a way that you HAVE to view it on the net (you can't save it to your hard drive).  People I've spoken to with dial-up can hear the audio, but can't get any of the video to come through.  Not much I can do about that one, sorry.

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Matthews_Dad
New Poster

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 158, C
Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2004 at 12:45am

DJ-

I haven't tried to "save as" on my hard drive  in order to view it yet.  I just wanted to let you know that I was unable to view it on my home computer but was able to view it at work.

Greg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge