Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Magnetic Ribbons for Moyamoya (Read 12073 times)
hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Magnetic Ribbons for Moyamoya
Aug 5th, 2004 at 5:06pm

Ok Everyone

Here is the information on the Ribbons that I have......

They are magnetic to put on cars, the color I inquired about was silver with a black outline and black writing...

The writing that I had them quote was Moyamoya Awareness

The minimum order is 250, and the base cost was $2.40 per ribbon.  My original idea was to order a bunch and then sell them for a bit more to help raise some money for Connie and for the foundation.  I was thinking of selling them for $5.00 which is what all the other ribbons cost that they sell for.  We could even do just the cost of the ribbons, and not sell them for any extra if thats what everyone wants to do...but I am willing to be the "central" person on this and take orders and mail them out to everyone if thats what ya'all want....

What I need from everyone here is if you are interested, feed back on the price, and if we should proceed with this......

I personally would love to have a few for my family and would be willing to pay the 5.00 for them.  However, I can't afford the $575.00 that they want for the minimum order, they did say however that I could order them, approve the "proof" and then it would take about 3-4 wks for the order, and that would give me time to collect the money for them.....

Any ideas on this?

feel free to post here or email me at mslittlefoot26@hotmail.com

Would love to hear from as many as possible

Hillary

ps
posting this on the main board as well for those that don't check this board
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2004 at 5:17pm by hillary »  

IP Logged

ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Re: Magnetic Ribbons for Moyamoya
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 5:59pm

I want 3.  Probably more, but this is all I can think of right now.  Sounds great.

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

Laura
Junior Poster

Monroe, USA, usa, 329, 245, LA, Louisiana
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2004 at 3:15pm

In my opinion, I would charge $5.00 and use the extra money made for Connie or to go to the foundation to help any other MM'ers with any expenses needed in the future.  I will purchase l0 of these and will send you the money now if you need it to get the ball rolling in order to get the ribbons here.  Thank you!!! Wink

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2004 at 7:35pm

I am willing to place an order soon if I can get more ordered.  I know I want about 10 too, some of our friends are going to buy some and put on their cars as well.

Do you all like the color's I picked, and the wording?

I will email everyone back with my address of where to send the money, I just need to figure out the cost on mailing them all....we could include that in the 5.00 price and then just use whatever is left of that to go to Connie and then to the foundation.

My goal right now is to help Connie and raise money for her until the foundation gets going and then have it go to that to help as many as we can.

Any other input ??

Hillary

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 3:09am

What is the size of the ribbon?   Great idea...everyone that knows my Cara has never heard of it...I would imagine at least 10 of our friends would pay 5 dollars for one.  Let me know and I can send you a check for 50 dollars....and then let you know how many "more" I would need.  Thanks for a great idea.

How did you come up with the color silver and black...just curious?  Is there a list of what colors have been used previously for ribbons...most common are yellow, pink and red/white/blue.  But we have to be different so silver and black will do just that.   Kind of like "YingYang"..."MoyaMoya"

Keep us posted Thanks,

hugs,  cara'smom

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 11:59am

Cara's Mom,

to answer your questions.....

The color I picked came from when I was at the sign shop looking at what colors were available...like you said many were taken for other things, and as far as I know silver was not....it just came to my head about a silver lining....but I thought the silver would look good with black writing and outline...the size of the ribbon, I will get for you as soon as I go out and measure the ones I have on my car for supporting the troops...

Hillary

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 4:28pm

I am definately interested, just not sure how many yet....I will let you know.

Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 5:39pm

I would be interested too and pretty sure my family and friends would. I will find out how many i need too. Love the idea!

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

MJS452
Junior Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

greenfield, USA, IN, Indiana
Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2004 at 10:04pm

Smiley HI!!

Lost Sister w/Downs to MM,also have brother w/MM

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2004 at 3:52pm

Well...i was hoping to have more orders...right now we do not have enough to go forward with this, but when I get back from Stanford after the 29th I will look for another print shop and hopefully find some different prices or min orders.....will keep you all posted.

Hillary

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2004 at 8:24pm

Hillary

I will take 10 of them

Janice

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #11 - Aug 16th, 2004 at 1:02am

Hi Hillary,

Thanks so much for doing the legwork on this!  We probably ALL feel very compelled to educate the world on this disease, which is so unknown!

We will buy 10 magnets, but will wait to hear an update from you after your return from Stanford.

Take care, and God bless!

Jill (gotchlorine)

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

mpressions
Experienced Poster

It's okay, I wouldn't
remember me either

Redondo Beach, USA, usa, 53, 214, CA, California
Reply #12 - Aug 16th, 2004 at 6:39pm

Ill take 10 ribbons also and what foundation and how to I donate to that also? How can help to put info to get more people donating to that fund?

Wayne

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #13 - Aug 16th, 2004 at 11:34pm

when i contact another print company i am going to ask them to do a design for us that maybe i can email to those who are interested or maybe DJ can post it somewhere for everyone to look at it.

what do you all think...would that be a good idea?

Hillary

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 12:15am

I think that would be a great idea Hillary!! I would be VERY interested and I'm sure my whole family would be too. Keep us posted!!! Smiley

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

with MM

Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 1:05am

Sounds super, Hillary!  Please let me know if I can help, o.k.?

Jill (gotchlorine)

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #16 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 10:44am

Ok Everyone....

I did some research today and contacted a couple other places and again their min order is 250 and the cost remains 2.40 each....

here is a link to a website that shows what the ribbon would look like...except its a support our troops ribbon...if you all could imagine silver with black writing that says moyamoya awareness instead of the the other...

http://www.magnetamerica.com/

we are around 80 now...but still not enough...

Hillary
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2004 at 10:46am by hillary »  

IP Logged

Annica
Experienced Poster

My daughter lives with
mm

Stockholm, Sweden, europe, 317, 154
Reply #17 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 11:19am

Hi Hillary!

I would so much like to help by ordering some ribbons but my daughter is a big problem there. She has gotten to the point where she doesn´t want to talk about the mm at all, she gets angry with me when she finds me on this site so I have to go on it at work or at night when she´s sleeping. She won´t allow me to inform others about her disease or symtoms (sometimes I do anyway when I find it necessary) so you see a ribbon on the car would not make her happy. Oh well ,perhaps it´s just a phase she is going thru right now and she will grow out of it. Guess she just doesnt want to be different from the other kids. Does any other parent on the board recognize this?

However I think the idea with ribbons is very good, perhaps I will order some later if possible.

Take care

Annica Smiley

IP Logged

bknewt
New Poster

My wife Natalie lives
with Moyamoya

Salt Lake City, USA, usa, 131, 137, UT, Utah
Reply #18 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 2:41pm

Put us down for 10.

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #19 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 2:57pm

Hi,

If we can get 12 people to send in a check for $50.00 each it will cover the $600.00 cost.

Janice

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #20 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 3:21pm

Hey Annica,

I had that problem with Holly as well, but i finally got her to understand that by sharing with others that it might save another persons life.....believe me it took a few times explaining it to her....but now she is ok with it too...
Hillary

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 7:16pm

Hey All…

I have a question…has anyone asked DJ for his opinion on all this? I haven’t heard a word from him in a while. I know he's been away, but I think his opinion should be sought for several reasons. For one, is it wise or even appropriate to be posting a fundraiser type thing on moyamoya .com? Moyamoya.com and “The foundation” are two completely different entities and allowing fundraising of any kind on this board for the “Foundation”, that doesn’t even exist yet or isn’t even able to accept monies at this time legally, could possibly make DJ and this website liable somewhere along the line and perhaps jeopardize the integrity of it. Secondly, I know of several people on the website who are in desperate financial need, it truly breaks my heart, and no doubt more will come in the future struggling with this terrible disease. Is it fair to collect publicly on the main board for one and not for all? See what I mean? We perhaps should ask the Webmaster his opinion, whatta ya think?

Mar

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

Reply #22 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 7:55pm

I agree Mar...and I was hoping for his opinion, like you i haven't seen much from him lately...but that probably is more my fault....

I was in no way intending to hurt anyone's feelings....nor discriminate against anyone here or any where else...

I was only trying to come up with ways to help....

If I have offended anyone..I am truly sorry..
Hillary

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 8:34pm

OMG Hillary, I hope you don't think I implied that you did. NO WAY!!! Just a legal and moral perspective is all, and always keeping the welfare of the website on the top of my mind. My heart understands more than you know. When and if the foundation gets up and running, I bet there's a lot of ways you'll help. God bless ya girl!

Mar

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

with MM

Reply #24 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 12:53am

Gosh, it hadn't even occurred to me that we could jeopardize this website.  That's one of the reasons this is such a special place - input from everyone is important!

I still love the idea of the magnets for the reasons I know we all agree with.  How should we proceed?

Jill (gotchlorine)

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge