Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tylers trip up a volcano (Read 3318 times)
Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Tylers trip up a volcano
Sep 30th, 2004 at 12:11am

Tyler went on a field trip at school to a volcano. The teacher called to see if I minded him going to the top with the rest of the class. I told her, he hasn't had an "episode" for a year now, so I think he can try it. Tyler came home thrilled over having gone up to the top of a volcano. It's sooooooo cool to see him doing things other kids his age do. Smiley

Also, Tyler decided to run for student council and he won! Seems he is popular because his left hand does "cool" things. Who'd of thunk? Here I was worried he would get teased in Jr. High. Smiley

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Tylers trip up a volcano
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 11:23am

Wow, That really brought tears to my eyes.What a thrill !!! I'm so glad to hear Tyler is doing so well. Kids really can be amazing and so accepting given the chance.So far Kahtleen has had nothing but positive input from her peers.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Annica
Experienced Poster

My daughter lives with
mm

Stockholm, Sweden, europe, 317, 154
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 2:54pm

Hi Rena!

So happy for you and Tyler! I know how good it feels to see your kid be " on the track " with all the others and be able to forget about the mm for a while.  Smiley Also it gives you a rest from the worries, right? Cheesy
Things are getting better and better! Wink

Take care,
Annica

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2004 at 11:58pm

Rena,

How exciting for Tyler!  What a great experience it must have been - for you, too!  It's especially nice to hear how the kids are treating him . . . sometimes they can be so cruel when one child is at all "different".  (I coach synchronized swimming, and have seen some not-so-nice behavior between young girls.)

I hope and pray that things continue to be wonderful for you guys!

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

mpressions
Experienced Poster

It's okay, I wouldn't
remember me either

Redondo Beach, USA, usa, 53, 214, CA, California
Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2004 at 6:22pm

That is some of the best news to hear.  I think it is great to see your son acomplish thing that the majority of us will never do.  I must say that your son is really special and is moving on with his life.  That is simply Awesome!! Smiley Before you know it he will be on the movie "Extreme Ops"

Take care

Wayne

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge