Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It's A Baby Girl! Pt 3 (Read 5290 times)
sdl
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

san jose, USA, CA, California
It's A Baby Girl! Pt 3
Oct 6th, 2004 at 10:13am

At this point, we have a completely healthy adult daughter that had nothing more than remote orders coming in from Neurology about an Epi and RNs that varied from sharp and involved to casual and no understanding of the risks.

She did real good, and would have had no low BP risk without the Epi, but MIGHT have had some unknown risk from the stress and blood vessel pressures associated with the heavy pushing in final labor.

Baby is more than fine, though rather tiny by today's 9#+ standards. She rang in at 9.5/9.5 on a scale of 1-10 Apgar, with excellent reflexes and alert and active at birth, and nursed well at the first opportunity.
Heck she even only sneezed once to clear her lungs, and 'talked' loudly to the doctors in Delivery, and only cried once when they laid her out nekkid on a cold scale!  ;Grin
Odds are very good that she will continue to be fine.

Laura will have a follow-up in November with Dr Edwards at Stanford, at which time he will do a non-invasive multi-pronged imaging of her Moyamoya and all the usual battery of status tests as well.

Then we can finally relax completely, assuming the results are as good as her current status seems to indicate.

Seaneen

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Re: It's A Baby Girl! Pt 3
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 2:12pm

Ok Seaneen,

So glad to hear everything seems to have turned out fine with both you daughter and her baby!

Where did all this Dr. Edwards/Dr. Steinberg/Moyamoya drama fit in?

That's where you lost me...

Smiley

Deej

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 2:25pm

Seaneen,

First, let me say that I am absolutely thrilled that Laura and baby are safe and sound.  Congratulations Grandma!  Smiley That said, please keep in mind the "Netiquette".   The really good news got lost along the way during the 3 part post.       Undecided

Lisa

6. Be brief. Say what you have to say succinctly and it will have a greater impact. Remember that the longer you make your article, the fewer people will bother to read it.

8. Do not "Flood" the board and don't post meaningless messages. When a user posts a lot of chatty messages, even if his or her messages are not particularly inflammatory, they can be so numerous and off track that they drown out the regular conversations (this is known as 'flooding'). Please don't post just to say hello or to chat with one single person. A message board is not a chat room. Do not clog the message board with repetition, subjects that are not pertinent, long personal anecdotes, or short posts that most people would not care to read. Use private messaging or e-mail for all of the above.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

mpressions
Experienced Poster

It's okay, I wouldn't
remember me either

Redondo Beach, USA, usa, 53, 214, CA, California
Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 5:21pm

Hey Seaneen,  

So happy everything went great.  I think you will enjoy spoiling that new addition to the family.  I must say you had me at the edge of my seat with that story.  It was very intense at many points, but the best part was the happy ending.

Take care

Wayne
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2004 at 5:21pm by mpressions »  

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2004 at 2:00am

Great news, Grandma !  Smiley  You had alot of good detail information which would good for any future MM Moms down the road....including my Cara...which won't happen for at least 15 to 20 years...but still I'm gonna save some reports and make a book for her....but my guess by then new medicines would have been developed.  Smiley...keep us posted...and I am so glad all went well for you guys !!!

Hugs,  CarasMOM

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

Shelley
New Poster

Austin, USA, usa, 283, 246, TX, Texas
Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2004 at 2:09pm

Congrats to you and your daughter. I was diagnosed with MM 5 years ago this week. Although I have not had any surgeries but I am doing great.

I found out in May that I too was pregnant. I am not due until Jan 05. Both my husband and myself are very happy.

At the last appointment with the neurologist he said the pregancy agreed with me and I was doing well. With the increased bloodflow and thinning of the blood it works well the to are working well together.

Have fun spoiling your new grandbaby!

Shelley
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2004 at 2:10pm by Shelley »  

Shelley
WWW Kylesmomshelley  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2004 at 8:32am

Seaneen -

Thank you so much for your post! (and Congrats, Grandma!)  I appreciate it simply because I intend to have a child in the, well, next 5 years (not too early) and I just don't know what to expect with respect to my having MM.  I'm glad Laura and baby are doing well!  Although your post was a bit long, I enjoyed reading every word!  And with the lack of mentioning of MM I would assume that there were no complication besides the extra caution....which I would appreciate!  Good luck to your daugher and granddaugher!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Sara
Experienced Poster

I am 15 years post-op
and loving life!

Houston, USA, usa, 291, 279, TX, Texas
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 11:17am

Thank you for the update. I am due on March 28th and found this very helpfull. Although, my doctor has different plans for me... He is going to give me an early epidural... Like asap.. and he is more worried about HIGH BP than low...

They won't let me push because of the stress. I am so glad everything turned out great! Congrats on the new BABY!!!!

I will show this to my Neuro and OB and see what they think..

Smiley Sara

IP Logged

carol
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Houston, usa, 273, 302
Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2004 at 11:06pm

My daughter just had her second baby Oct. 12th She had an early epidural with both children.She did wonderful.
Carol

Carol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge