Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sorry i've been gone (Read 2741 times)
hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
sorry i've been gone
Oct 23rd, 2004 at 10:56am

I'm sorry everyone...i haven't been on the board much at all lately....

things with my niece have moved quickly, thursday she had a biopsy done on her brain...actually on the stalk that goes from the brain to the pituitary gland, which also happens to carry the optical nerves.

At this point, there are no test results yet, she was in severe pain yesterday, not sure how she is doing this morning yet, lot of swelling in her face, will be in the hospital till at least tomorrow, and she has to stay in ICU.  Doctors have mentioned chemotherapy, but we are waiting still for the test results which they said could take a few days to a couple weeks....

take care everyone...and i'll update again on my niece as i know more things.

Hillary

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Re: sorry i've been gone
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2004 at 11:35am

Hillary...lots of prayers for your neice from us...must be so hard to wait for the test results and hopefully you guys don't have to wait too long for them....any kind of sickness or disorder....especially when its causing pain and swelling and they don't know what it is yet...you take care and know we are here if you need someone to talk to, shoulder to put your head on...hang in there...our warmest hugs to you,  carasMOM

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2004 at 6:59pm

Hi Hillary,

I had a pituitary tumor at one time.  Caused by steroids.  They said it was Cushings disease but that was a misdiagnosis and the opposite of what I do have (besides MM)-that's a story for another day.    Have they mentioned Cushings regarding your niece?

Anyway, I'll be praying for your little niece and keep us updated.  It's good to see you on the board again! Wink

There is just too much sickness in this world. Sad
Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

hillary
Senior Poster

My daughter Holly has
MM

new braunfels, USA, usa, 279, 285, TX, Texas
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2004 at 12:15am

thank you both for your prayers...add holly to would ya...i get the feeling something is not quite right with her still...she has been having more TIA's ..i am trying to get an appointment with a neurologist here in texas so we can have another MRI done this week..not to mention she slipped and fell in the store last week landed pretty hard on the floor, and now her arm is hurting since then...sheesh...good thing i filled out an accident report with them after it happened...she slipped on some liquid that wasn't cleaned up..we didn't even see it on the floor till after she slipped...

anyway..i wish you all the best...i'll try and get here more often...still looking for a job in between all this...

Hillary

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge