Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Moyamoya picture page! (updated) (Read 40030 times)
Lilian
Junior Poster

Leiden, Netherlands, europe, 222, 235
Re: Moyamoya picture page! (updated)
Reply #50 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 4:32pm

DJ, I send you a pic  2 weeks ago, and it still isn't on the page.
How come?

http://www.facebook.com/lilian.justlilian 129102580  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #51 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 8:10pm

Lilian,

I must not have gotten it?  I looked through my email and didn't see a pic from you anywhere.  Can you send it again?  I'll be looking for it.

-DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Lilian
Junior Poster

Reply #52 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 9:11am

I'll send you the picture again...

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #53 - Oct 20th, 2004 at 10:46am

Got it Lilian!  Added your picture and CarasMOM & family!

http://www.moyamoya.com/mmfamily/index3.htm

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #54 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 2:25am

Had a wonderful dinner tonight with Tara's family (gotchlorine) and Matthew's family (Matthews Dad) - from the video on the main page...

We had some good stories and it was wonderful to meet with others who have walked in the same footsteps!

Great Stuff!!

Smiley

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

mpressions
Experienced Poster

It's okay, I wouldn't
remember me either

Redondo Beach, USA, usa, 53, 214, CA, California
Reply #55 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 3:22am

Hey Deej,

That is the most wonderful picture you could give anyone on this site.  To See Mathew and Tara, that is uplifting and beautiful. 

How did your test go for you?  It must of gone great, because the picture shows a rib joint.  No worries about blockage there Smiley 

Take care

Wayne  Smiley

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #56 - Oct 29th, 2004 at 4:14am

;Grin..cool photos, DJ...I was wondering when you guys were getting together as Jill was so excited about it !!!  ;Grin.  Like Wayne asked you...I'm wondering how your tests went, too.... I guess still on going as you're there until the 3rd.  Have a GREAT time and hope all your tests come out positively GREAT.  CarasMOM

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #57 - Nov 1st, 2004 at 10:06pm

Met with Chelsie and her family today in Dr. Steinberg's office.  They actually called us both back at the same time!! lol  Pictures are up now...

My tests turned out good.  Dr. Steinberg was very impressed with how well my xenon CT turned out so I'm good to go until next time.

;Grin

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #58 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 1:24am

More pictures!  Tara, Jill, Campbell (gotchlorine), myself, Chelsie & JJ got together tonight at Chili's.

We're all meeting Chelsie at the hospital bright and early in the morning to be with her and her family for her surgery...

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2004 at 1:25am by DJ »  

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #59 - Nov 20th, 2004 at 11:47am

Put up a picture of one of our newest members, Doug Grant and his family.  His 5 y/o daughter, Rachel, was diagnosed in late October with moyamoya...

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #60 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 12:29pm

Just put up the newest picture of Mandy that her dad, Mark, sent me!  It is one of the greatest pictures that I've ever had the privilege of posting if for no other reason, SHE'S STANDING UP ON HER OWN!

She looks GREAT!  Go back to page 1 of the pictures to see her as she was the last time I had the pleasure of seeing her in person...

Smiley

Thanks for the picture Mark!!!

DJ
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2004 at 12:31pm by DJ »  

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #61 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 1:42pm

Nancy and Mark (and Mar as aunt . . . DJ, too),

The latest picture of Mandy made me absolutely cry.  SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!  What an inspiration to all of us to see her looking so good . . . the progression from hospital to present day is amazing.  Reminds us again of the road we all travel with this disease (as if we needed reminding).

Lots of love to all of you in my new MM family,

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #62 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 1:51pm

Thanks Jill that picture was taken the night of the morning that she had the seizure so you can see she is o.k. from it, I just hope its the only one.

IP Logged

Lilian
Junior Poster

Reply #63 - Dec 16th, 2004 at 3:53pm

I just saw the picture and I went like Ohh My God!!
She has changed soo much, she's realy beautifull.

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #64 - Dec 19th, 2004 at 1:55pm

Just added another picture of Christy (babyblue) with Dr. Steinberg taken at one of her follow-ups...

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #65 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 12:35pm

Just added a picture of your newest family member, Brad, and his little brother Nick.

Also, a picture of Lee (Daisy) that I put up a while back and forgot to post about...  SORRY Lee   Undecided

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

jeanineamanda
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

las vegas, USA, NV, Nevada
Reply #66 - Jan 15th, 2005 at 7:58pm

Hi,
My name is Jeanine and my daughters name is Amanda.  About 4 years ago my daughter was diagnosed with moyamoya.  It was by sheer accident that she was diagnosed.  I just felt that she needed to go to the neurologist because she was having headaches and since she was born premature and has a heart condition,  years of physical therapy and occupational therapy I always use precaution with her.  I live in Las Vegas Nevada,  We are originally from Brooklyn, NY.  the doctors in Las Vegas are not the best,  to put it mildly.  We went for a checkup and an MRI in November of 2000,  I didnt here anything back from the doctor,  I went for her follow up appointment in December.  Before we knew it we were in the hospital getting a cerebralangiogram.  After the procedure the doctor said there was no hope and that she would just have stroke after stroke and that would be that.  I just could not let that happen,  She never had a stroke before.  So I went to her school and spoke to her therapist and principal .  they went on the internet and found Dr. Michael Scott,  a saint,  we were provided with miracle flight for children to get there.  I was devastated and plus I just lost my mother to brain cancer 2 years prior to this news.  I had no money whatsoever besides that I just knew that my baby had to get help no matter what.  so we went to Boston childrens hospital and stayed in hospital hospitality.  It was like God himself was guiding us.  Amanda came through the surgery so well and after the surgery she was able to read and differentiate letters from numbers something that she could never do before with all the therapy she was receiving.  Now she is a healthy 12 year old and thank God and Jesus that she has never had a major stroke.  I thank Him everyday that goes by.  She is a child that is full of energy  and beautiful.  Dr. Scott was a saint.  Sent straight from above. Amanda is now a 6th grader.  Unbelievable what happend next,  The doctor that I took amanda to that diagnosed her was the only pediatric neurologist in town  and I really did not want to go back to him even amanda was afraid to go back to him.  But as luck will have it,  a new doctor moved into town Dr. Linda Brown,  who used to work with Dr. Scott in Boston.  I could not believe that!!  So she knew everything about moyamoya and she is still Amanda's doctor.  Amanda is doing very well some days are better than others because her immune system is very weak so she gets sick alot but besides that she is doing very well.  I now work for the police department now and her older brother is doing well too. 

Thank you for letting me share my story.  Please write back.  I am writing to you at work.  But you can email me at home at edmandi@cox.net and you can email me at work at j7242s@lvmpd.com

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #67 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 12:20am

Added a couple of pictures fo Jesenia (freckles) to the picture page...

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #68 - Feb 20th, 2005 at 9:46am

Added pictures of Arthena and Ashanti, Mark Rowland and Tara...

WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge