Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ER show (Read 2926 times)
LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
ER show
Feb 18th, 2005 at 1:45pm

Anyone see ER last night?  I must say that it came way too close to home for me personally.  An excellent interpretation of what I have experienced myself.  Cry  Pretty scary tho and I was so relieved when it had a happy ending! Wink

Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: ER show
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 10:01am

I saw parts of it Lisa, but got soooo upset. Franny said it was eye-opening and scary at the same time, but relieved that it ended well and that they've come so far with brain surgery that they could possibly help someone in that situation.

Mar

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 2:26pm

Yes, I watched it.  It was pretty upsetting, but done well I think.  One thing that was really cool:  Just after ER ended, our local news had a segment that talked about the equipment used in the retrieval of the blood clot.  Only a couple of hospitals here in the Bay Area have the equipment, but it was sure neat to see how it works.  Medical technology has become so sophisticated!

Anyway, imagine the day when a show like ER portrays a similar episode . . . with a diagnosis of MM!  We're getting closer to that with each day that passes.  All we need to do is to keep getting it out there to everyone we meet.  Go for it guys!  It WILL happen!

Love to my MM family,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2005 at 8:39pm

Smiley
     Yeah Lisa I saw the show.  I watched it with caution because I did suffer a major stroke, but my experience was nothing like that.  I guess it all depends what part of the brain was affected. 
     First of all I had a major Hemorage not a clot.  and while I couldn't move my entire left side  (thank god it's all come back,)  I never lost my speech or my ability to communicate.  The story and acting were excellent but I couldn't relate to being "locked" inside my own body like that.  Although it did put some scary thoughts in my mind regarding another stroke.

stay well all of you,  Tom G.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge