Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Endings (Read 4300 times)
hollynrobins
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granite Bay, USA, CA, California
Happy Endings
Mar 29th, 2005 at 11:28pm

My name is Hollyn Robins.  I was diognosed with Moya Moya at  age four. Following a major stroke in 1990, I had the encephelo-duro-arterio- cinangiosus surgery done.  Though I had one more significant stroke at age six, it appears that I have not had any further problems due to Moya Moya.

I am now nineteen years old and I enjoy the life God has granted me.  I love to sing and spend time with my family and friends.  I am a sophomore in college with a B average.  The only problems I have as a result of my strokes are that I cannot point my toes on my right foot, (good thing I never wanted to be a ballerina) and I have problems with my balance.  Riding a bike is not one of my strenghths. 

I wanted to write this story to let all the parents of children who suffer from my disease know that there are happy endings.

IP Logged

Lora
New Poster

My niece has MM

Springfield, USA, usa, 350, 141, IL, Illinois
Re: Happy Endings
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2005 at 11:36pm

Holly,

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story!  My 7yr old neice was diagnosed late last year....had surgery in Feb with lots of complications......she is now recovering (tooooo slowly for my impatience!!) each day.  It made my day to read your posting..........it reminds me that we always need to have hope!....you brought that to me when I needed it most~

"Aunt Lora"

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 9:43am

Thank you for your post. My son had a stroke and surgery, at age 11 and I have been wondering how much he would go through in life. I am very glad to know that he can have a "normal" life. He is 13 now and has been tia free just over a year. Your story warms my heart to know that this can be his life from now on.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2005 at 6:57pm

It is always great to hear happy stories. I know that alot of people appreciate hearing your story. Thank you for taking the time to share. Best of luck to you in school (im in college too) and in life!

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2005 at 2:38am

God bless ya Holly!!

We love to hear happy endings. Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us. I know it will bring strength and hope to many parents with children going through the frightening experience of moyamoya.

Please feel free to come back and share any bits of information of your experience with us and the growing number of members dealling with this disease.

Continued good health and happiness. You'll always be in our thoughts and prayers.

Mar

IP Logged

hollynrobins
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Granite Bay, USA, CA, California
Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 12:53pm

Hello everyone,

I will be going to Sanfrancisco soon to have an angiograhm.  I have a disease called Hyperlipidemia, it's a metabolism problem.  The doctors at UC San Fran recentely diognosed me with something, I can't even remember the name of it but my corotted arteries are severely clogged because of this other disease I have.  Anyways, while checking that out they will be looking at my brain and seeing how well the surgery went and what activity has been going on there.

As soon as I am able, I will let everyone know what we found out and how well my prain is actually functioning. 

God Bless and have a wonderful day!
Hollyn

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2005 at 5:47pm

Hollyn-

Best of luck with your test and definatly let us know how everything goes. Take care!

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge