Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Mothers Day (Read 4543 times)
Mar
Ex Member

Happy Mothers Day
May 8th, 2005 at 1:00am

Happy Mothers Day! Smiley

For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom this is beautiful. For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked.

And the guide said, "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years.

So she played with her children, she fed them and bathed them, and taught them how to tie their shoes and ride a bike and reminded them to feed the dog, and do their homework and brush their teeth.

The sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this."

Then the nights came, and the storms, and the path was sometimes dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the Mother drew them close and covered them with her arms, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come."

And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children, "A little patience and we are there."

So the children climbed, and as they climbed they learned to weather the storms. And with this, she gave them strength to face the world. Year after year, she showed them compassion, understanding, hope, but most of all ..... unconditional love. And when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you."

The days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years and the mother grew old and she became little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage. And the mother, when she lay down at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned so much and are now passing these traits on to their children."

And when the way became rough for her, they lifted her, and gave her their strength, just as she had given them hers.

One day they came to a hill, and beyond the hill, they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide.

And mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk with dignity and pride, with their heads held high, and so can their children after them."

And the children said, " You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you  to sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every teardrop.

A mother shows every emotion..........happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow..... and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life.

She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take.

She's your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you. Not time, not space...............not even death!

Mar

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Re: Happy Mothers Day
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2005 at 4:51am

Thanks for this post Mar . . . I'm reduced to tears reading it, but it's sure beautiful!

Happy Mother's Day, fellow moms!  I hope your day is wonderful!

Big hugs to all of you,
Jill

P.S.  Tara's at her senior prom tonight . . . I'm being a "mom", staying up till she gets home.  May just spend my Mother's Day sleeping!

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2005 at 8:33am

Absolutely beautiful, Mar.  I'm not a mother, but I'm going to share it with my own mother. 

Thanks for sharing!

Smiley,
Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2005 at 8:37am

Historians claim that the holiday of Mother's Day emerged from the ancient festivals dedicated to mother goddess.

In the ancient Greek empire, Rhea, the wife of Cronus, and mother of Gods and Goddesses, was worshipped.

In Rome too, Cybele, a mother Goddesses, was worshipped, as early as 250 BC. It was known as Hilaria, and it lasted for three days, called the Ides of March, that is from March 15 to March 18.

However, neither of them meant for the honoring of our immediate mothers, as is done in our Mother's Day.

Rather more closely aligned to our Mother's Day, is the "Mothering Sunday".England observed "Mothering Sunday", or the "Mid-Lent-Sunday, on the fourth Sunday in Lent.

In the United States, Anna M. Jarvis (1864-1948) is credited with bringing in the celebration of Mother's day.

Well, Anna Jarvis intended to start a Mother's Day as an honoring of mothers. And the first one was not a Mother's Day service in the sense it came to be celebrated later. But Miss Jarvis had struck deeper than what she knew with her intention.

The idea itself was so great that it did not take long to be spread all over. Leaving aside the first observance, the official recognition that followed for the observance came in galore. The first Mother's Day proclamation was issued by the governor of West Virginia in 1910. Oklahoma celebrated it in that same year. It stirred the same way in as far west as the state of Washington. And by 1911 there was not a state in the Union that did not have its own observances for Mother's Day.

Soon it crossed the national boundary, as people in Mexico, Canada, South America, China,
Japan and Africa all joined the spree to celebrate a day for mother love.

The immense popularity of the Day led to foundation of Mother's Day International Association on December 12, 1912. Its purpose was to promote and encourage meaningful observances of the event across the world.
It was in 1934 Postmaster General James A. Farley announced a stamp to commemorate Mother's Day. The stamp featured the famous painting "Arrangement in Grey and Black". The painting was a portrait of the mother of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, an English artist. It was brought in to the United States as part of an exhibit in the year 1934.

The first Mother's Day proclamation on a state level was issued by the governor of West Virginia in 1910. And by 1911, other states followed. But it took a couple of years still to obtain the Presidential proclamation.

The House of Representatives in May 1913 unanimously adopted a resolution requesting the President, his cabinet, the members of both Houses and all officials of the federal government to wear a white carnation on Mother's Day. On May 7,1914, a resolution providing that the second Sunday in May be designated Mother's Day was introduced by Representative James T. Heflin of Alabama and Senator Morris Sheppard of Texas. It passed both Houses and on May 9 President Woodrow Wilson issued his Mother's Day Proclamation:

"...Now, Therefore, I, Woodrow Wilson, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the said Joint Resolution, do hereby direct the government buildings and do invite the people of the United States to display the flag at their homes or other suitable places on the second Sunday in May as a public expression of our love and reverence for the mothers of our country."

And this has since then been a convention. For, each year a similar proclamation is issued by the President.

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2005 at 8:46am

You Know You're A Mother When...

By Liane Kupferberg Carter

1. You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.

2. You have time to shave only one leg at a time.

3. You hide in the bathroom to be alone.

4. Your kid throws up and you catch it.

5. Someone else's kid throws up at a party. You keep eating.

6. You consider finger paints to be a controlled substance.

7. You've mastered the art of placing large quantities of pancakes and eggs on a plate without anything touching.

8. Your child insists that you read "Once Upon a Potty" out loud in the lobby of Grand Central Station and you do it.

9. You cling to the high moral ground on toy weapons; your child chews his toast into the shape of a gun.

10. You hope ketchup is a vegetable, since it's the only one your child eats.

11. You can't bear the thought of your son's first girlfriend.

12. You hate the thought of his wife even more.

13. You find yourself cutting your husband's sandwiches into cute shapes.

14. You can't bear to give away baby clothes - it's so final.

15. You hear your mother's voice coming out of your mouth when you say, "NOT in your good clothes!"

16. You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you.

17. You donate to charities in the hope that your child won't get that disease.

18. You hire a sitter because you haven't been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night checking on the kids.

19. You use your own saliva to clean your child's face.

20. You say at least once a day, "I'm not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn't trade it for anything.

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #5 - May 8th, 2005 at 10:09am

Mar & Michelle,
                These poems were so true and tear jerking its great being a Mom, and I miss mine so much she was great.......I love you Mom.
                            Nancy

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #6 - May 8th, 2005 at 11:34am

Memories float though the air.
Ordinary she was not.
Truth and
Honesty were what she stood for.
Earthly possesions meant nothing.
Realish her why you can.

To all mothers:
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

I miss you mom.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge