Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stanford Hotel Directory (Read 13207 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Stanford Hotel Directory
Nov 4th, 2004 at 10:35am

One of the questions that comes up all the time on the board is about where to stay if you are heading to Stanford.

Well, thanks to the social services folks at Stanford, I was able to put a pretty decent list of hotels in the area together to help people choose where to stay while they're out there.

Check out this new page at:
http://www.moyamoya.com/hoteldirectory.html

Hold your mouse over the abbreviations in the "Rates, Rooms, and Amenities" columns for an explanation of what each one means.  There is more guidance on how to do this on the actual directory page.

If you have any problems getting the page to work, let me know...

Smiley

Hope you like it!

-DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Re: Stanford Hotel Directory
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 1:01pm

Nice job, DJ!!!!  Smiley   It really looks good and very user friendly.  Thanks for the hard work.

Michelle

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2004 at 10:20pm

Very nice. Have you thought of tacking it to the top of the board, so it doesn't get lost? It has a lot of info a lot of people will use.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

mpressions
Experienced Poster

It's okay, I wouldn't
remember me either

Redondo Beach, USA, usa, 53, 214, CA, California
Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 12:12am

That is some great work there Deej.  This will help out those going for surgery and follow ups.  It will also help their wallet.

Wayne

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 6:01pm

DJ...very awesome...can you make one for Rochester and Boston....  ;Grin ;Grin ;Grin...just kidding.   Kiss Carol

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

shgr
Experienced Poster

Diagnosed December 2003

raleigh, USA, usa, 469, 184, NC, North_Carolina
Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2005 at 12:32am

DJ,
  Thank you so much for this list.  Between you and Micheal Thomas I have decided to have my family and myself, when I am out of the hospital, stay at Creekside Inn.
  My parents, in-laws, and husband are coming with me to Stanford.  Because we need three rooms, Creekside is giving us an incredibly generous deal. So, again thank you for the list. This process is quite stressful; I will be thankful for any assistance.   
Long time reader... new member,
Stephanie  Smiley

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie

IP Logged

Brenda
New Poster

Lubbock, USA, TX, Texas
Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2006 at 12:04pm

This list is wonderful.  Thanks so much for all your work.  We are traveling in 2 weeks to Stanford for my husband to have bypass surgery on one and maybe both sides.  So much to plan, and figure out what to do with our children.  If anyone can provide info concerning the hospital and children services or if they are even allowed in the area moyamoya patients are kept would be very helpful.  Smiley
A note on the hotel list... The Hyatt Rickeys has closed down and the Pacific Inn Mountain View does not offer a shuttle.

Wife of Moya
IP Logged

James
New Poster

Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 9:51am

Hey DJ!!

You need to add Crestview Hotel in Mountain View to your list.  The cost is 75.00 per night which includes free breakfast and dinner.  There is a gocery store right next door.  The 522 Rapid Express bus stop is also right next to the Hotel.  It is a 20 minute bus ride to the free buses that take you to the hospital and it only costs 1.75 per person to take.  The hotel has a frig and stove top (bring your own pan) and a 2 person hot tub/shower Smiley.  We saved a ton of money staying there for Kathie's 6 month followup.

Jim Siemers

IP Logged

pasnblu
Experienced Poster

Diagnosed April 19, 2007

Fernandina Beach,Florida 32034
Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 1:55am

Hey DJ:

Mom and I stayed at Hotel Zico.  it is located at 200 E El Camino Real in Mountain View right off the 85.

We paid $55 a night, but we found it on Craigs list, so not sure has last the rate is guarnateed.

It was nice.  Breakfast - not just continental!!!

I would highly recommend.

Sandi

pasnblu http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id gizzis pasnblu  
IP Logged

Audge
Experienced Poster

Daughter Emily has MM

Armada, USA, usa, MI, Michigan
Reply #9 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 1:58pm

We stayed at the Sky Ranch Inn on El Camino Real for part of the time.  We got that through the housing at Stanford, for the better rate, and it was $65/night.  We had to move because of Stanford graduation time and we stayed at the Tropicana also on El Camino Real.  It was $55/night also booked through the hospital.  Both places were just "okay" not perfect but about what you'd expect for the money.  The owners at the Tropicana were very nice though.  They have a small swimming pool. 

If it is a child having surgery don't expect to get into the Ronald McDonald house there because it is full.  They use that for long term patients like those who are getting 8 months worth of treatment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge