Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr Allan Friedman-Duke University-Durham, NC (Read 8482 times)
Bridget_K_Thomas
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Wilmington, USA, usa, 482, 199, NC, North_Carolina
Dr Allan Friedman-Duke University-Durham, NC
Apr 10th, 2006 at 9:56pm

Hi All,
My daughter  Alison was diagnosed with MoyaMoya in April of 2004 at age 24 during her senior year of college and she had her first bypass surgery by Dr.  Alan Friedman at Duke in August of 2004 and her second bypass surgery by Dr. Friedman in January 2005 and we could not be happier with him or his expertise. Duke is a wonderful University and we have been blessed to find such wonderful care and compassion and understanding. His contact number at Duke is 919 681 6421. A wonderful neurologist Dr Cheryl Bushnell made the diagnosis of Moya Moya and now follows Ali on a regular basis. Dr. Bushnell 919 684 5650 has been a godsend to our family and referred us to Dr. Friedman. I am a nurse and my husband is a physician and we researched physicians all over the country to make our decision and could not be more pleased with the treatment we have received at Duke by both Dr. Friedman and Dr. Bushnell. Alison was treated and diagnosed with a multitude of neurological disorders before the MoyaMoya was diagnosed and when we look at the early reports we have found the Moya Moya was present since her first MRI at age 7 but  not properly diagnosed before seeing Dr.Bushnell at a headache clinic at Duke. Please feel free to contact me about these wonderful physicians at Duke.
Best to all in this MoyaMoya Club!
Bridget
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2006 at 10:19am by Bridget_K_Thomas »  

IP Logged

ladybugz
Experienced Poster

Love one another

USA, usa, WA, Washington
Re: Dr Alan Friedman-Duke University-Durham, NC
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:04pm

If your daughter was in her senior year... did she finish before surgery?  I'm afraid of having to take so much time off from school.

IP Logged

Bridget_K_Thomas
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:09pm

Yes Alison did graduate a semester late. Her college Peace University in Raleigh NC was wonderful and worked with her. She was 2/3 of the way through her last semester when we had to remove her from school at her doctors advise and proceed with the surgery. Her professors worked with her and let her take incompletes on her last classes and she was able to complete the classwork between her 2 surgeries and she walked in the graduation ceremonies in May 2005.
Best to all!
Bridget

IP Logged

ladybugz
Experienced Poster

Love one another

USA, usa, WA, Washington
Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:12pm

Thank you! This is an encouragement to me. I've got a year left, but looking at more like a 1.5 or 2 more years now....

IP Logged

Bridget_K_Thomas
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2006 at 10:14pm

Take care of you first!!! All other things will fall into place...Please feel free to write personally if you need some encouragement. I am sure Alison would be happy to talk with you!
Best,
Bridget

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge