Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Boop & Dr. Watridge - Memphis, TN (Read 4981 times)
jnokes
New Poster

Daughter,Paige, has NF1
and Moya Moya

Smithville, USA, TN, Tennessee
Dr. Boop & Dr. Watridge - Memphis, TN
Sep 17th, 2006 at 12:21am

My daughter just had direct bypass surgery in Memphis,TN by Dr.Frederick Boop(Chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery at LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis)and Dr.Clarence Watridge of Semmes Murphey Neurologic and Spine Institute in Memphis.The surgery was done at LeBonheur Children's and we couldn't be happier with everyone involved.Both surgeons were excellent and all of the nurses and other doctors that helped take care of Paige were all wonderful.We were so pleased to find a surgeon in Tennessee(where we live)that we felt comfortable enough with to do the surgery.I would recommend them to anyone for this surgery.
Jennifer
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2007 at 9:48pm by DJ »  

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Re: Dr.Frederick Boop & Dr.Clarence Watridge:M
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2006 at 3:57pm

so glad it all went well for Paige! I don't know how a parent or a child can go through this.

For my surgery, I was sooooo thankful it was me and not one of my children going through the experience. There was a 5yr old having surgery ahead of me....on my second surgical day....my heart went out to her.

Anyhow, the important thing is it is all behind Paige and now on to recovery and a much healthier future!

God bless and good health......keep us informed too!

Diane : )

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sanford, USA, usa, 465, 285, FL, Florida
Re: Dr.Frederick Boop & Dr.Clarence Watridge:M
Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2006 at 12:17pm

I agree with Diane SOooooooooo glad it was me w/mm than one of my children,,,,,,,,,,,,I just happen to be one of those that has everything going against me (diabities, high chrolostrol, high blood pressure and severly anemic) and Not beinging DXed till a 13 hour first surgery (coma for two weeks, brain of a seven year old for Months) (my kids (adults) wanted to put me in a nursing home...........I was SOoooo Bad.....Finally my Mother came down to Florida to take care of me (Thank God for Mothers) So to any of you that has MM DON'T Wait till you have That One Stroke that makes you Disabiled for life................Get the Surgery First..................When I started having Stroke symtons, before my second surgery ,  I saw a surgon imediatly and said I want the other side done NOW, The Dr. said I could have the surgery now or wait awhile and to talk to my husband before making a decission----I Said schudle me as soon as possible,,,,,I WAS NOT GOING to go thru what I did with my first surgery............And my second surgery went Great 5 1/2 hours and 4 days in the hospital (first surgery a month in the hospital) and I was out shopping the day after I was home..........Hope this story will help someone trying to decide wether to wait and see-----------------DON'T once you have that One Stroke It will affect you for the rest of your life.............

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge