Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Magical" tattoo (Read 14165 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
"Magical" tattoo
Oct 21st, 2006 at 10:54am

Those of you who were in Orlando with us this summer know how special it was to me to be able to have Stephanie and Conner there to meet and share with my online family.

It was our first "family vacation" and my first vacation as a husband and a father.  It was the first trip to Disney World for all of us... something I've always dreamed of doing with my wife and kids.  Needless to say, it was a very magical trip for me (pun intended).  Standing in front of the castle, watching the fireworks with Stephanie standing next to me and Conner on my shoulders was a very special, emotional, and memorable moment.

I sent some of the pictures we took of the fireworks that night to my little brother who drew an incredible tattoo stencil of it for me, capturing the moment perfectly!

I wanted to share how that special moment in my life is now permanently etched on my body to always remember...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Re: "Magical" tattoo
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 12:34pm

Hi DJ,

WOW!! INCREDIBLE DETAIL!! How big is your tattoo?

Stephanie and Conner are obviously VERY special to you. What a very romantic and sentimental thing to do for the two loves in your life.

Will the Alamo be next? LOL!!!

Hugs to all,

Lore

P.S. Has your mom seen your tattoo?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 12:47pm

Wow Deej, the sentiment is absolutely precious. It’s a beauty that’s not only etched in your heart, but something special and beautiful for everyone to share.

I also have to ask… OUCH!! Didn’t that hurt?!!

Mar

IP Logged

twinsmom
Experienced Poster

16 year old twins with
MM

hollis, USA, NH, New_Hampshire
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 1:16pm

Hey, DJ!! Smiley

All 5 McTigues give your magical tatoo a big  Smiley!!  Way cool!!

Can't wait to see what happens after next year's reunion!! Wink

We hope all is well!!

Hugs to you, Steph and Conner!!   Smiley

Brannon sends you this!  Smiley

Love, Kristen

"Come to the edge."   "We can't.  We're afraid."   "Come to the edge."  "We can't.  We will fall!"  "Come to the edge."  And they came.  And he pushed them.   And they flew.   by Guillaume Apollinaire

IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 1:20pm

All I have to say is ... DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley

That is truly one of the most sweetest things I've ever seen!  Smiley

Trina

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 5:17pm

WOW! that's awesome!What amazing color!
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 12:31am

Quote:
I also have to ask… OUCH!! Didn’t that hurt?!!

Yep, sure did!

I was in the chair for a full four hours!  First two weren't bad... third hour started to hurt... fourth hour hurt like a sonofabitch!

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 1:59pm

I have one word that would have helped ALCOHOL!
What a beautiful tattoo, you are so different than when I met you three years ago as a single guy, you slid right into that Dad, husband role like you been there your whole life I was commenting to Mar about that after Orlando. You are so comfortable and aren't missing that something that you you could see in your eyes and showed in your heart back then. Don't mean to be so sappy. I raved about Steph and Conner too they were great. I know you guys will be happy for a long time you's are great together.
                      Nancy Smiley
P.S. Tha Alamo tattoo would be ugly (hehe).

IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sanford, USA, usa, 465, 285, FL, Florida
Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2006 at 6:40pm

Shocked WOW !!!!!! Really love the Art Work Shocked DJ  that truley was an AWESOME THING to do,,,,,,Disney was a Very Magical Place and perfect for a FAMILY,,,,,,,ALL the BEST to You, Stephaine, and Conner,,,,,, 8) Can't wait till WE ALL MEET @the Alamo Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll EyesYour Friend Always,,,,,By the way I just met Tammy (daughter 6 w/mm Yesterday) and Husband Mike and sister Jessicia at Give the Kids the World Resort,,,,,,,SUPER NICE FAMILY and hope they make it to River Walk

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 9:17am

Nice, DJ!  That's awesome!  I haven't gotten the nerve up to get a tattoo myself, but I think what you did was awesome!  Great tattoo!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #10 - Oct 24th, 2006 at 2:46pm

WOW Dj, what a tatoo. I have always consider getting one but I go back and forth. It is great that you picked something that means so much to you! The colors are awesome!!!

SmileyChristy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2006 at 7:27pm

Wow DJ,

That's a beautiful tattoo, hoo-boy you rock.  I'd like to get one, but I don't like buzzing sounds and things like drills...reminds me of the dentist Smiley.  And I feel I'm getting too old for them...my theory, "what may smile now...may frown later  Tongue  Smiley.  Steph and Conner must feel honored that you did a tribute to them.

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 7:27pm

DJ,

I showed your tattoo to a coworker. She is the ULTIMATE Disney fanatic (She goes to Orlando at least once per year). She wanted me to tell you that you must be crazy for going through the process....but she absolutely loves the tattoo....

And, while I am at it.....Happy Belated B-day.
Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

appea
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #13 - May 11th, 2017 at 5:18pm

I love Disney and cartoons, too. No, I'm a fan of Disney. I already have 2 tattoos and one of them is a tattoo on his wrist Disney couple here http://inkprofy.com/disney-tattoos/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge