Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anybody know Dr. Fady Charbel in Chicago? (Read 20192 times)
LisaH
Senior Poster

Be thankful in all circumstances

ArlingtonHts, USA, usa, 358, 120, IL, Illinois
Re: anybody know Dr. Fady Charbel in Chicago?
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2008 at 12:36am

Oh, and another thing.  If you have the opportunity to talk to Dr. Charbel's staff again, or even mention it to your HMO, ask if it is Dr. Charbel's standard operating procedure to perform a traditional angio the DAY AFTER bypass surgery.  If so, what are the reasons given for doing so.

Lisa

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

IP Logged

Cherry (LuckyMe)
Junior Poster

Get busy on living or
get busy on dying?

Chicago, USA, IL, Illinois
Reply #26 - May 20th, 2008 at 1:11am

Lisa and Lore,

Thanks a lot.  My husband and I are preparing the appeal paper work.  I've printed out all your suggestions and try to combine some of the key points in your post in this appeal.  We'll change some wording and we would never mention any of your screen names.  We are not going to get you into trouble. Cheesy

Lisa, I'm still working fulltime and have a very busy schedule recently. But I'll check my email everyday and try to post any progress here on a timely manner.

Again, thanks for everybody's help~ I'm not alone!

Cherry (LuckyMe)  
IP Logged

lflores
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

addison, USA, IL, Illinois
Reply #27 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 8:49am

Ok everyone - this i such a great place to get info.

My son was just diagnosed on 7/28 - his neurologist has referred me to Dr Charbel.  However, we are also have blue cross blue shield hmo il.  Now our insurance is saying that he may not be in network and we should probably go to see Dr Yamini form Comers Childrens Hospital.  My son not only has mmd but also has severe mixed cerebral palsy.  It would be great to get the best of the best with this.  Please, email me as to why you do not think Dr. Charbel is a good doctor to see. 

Thanks,
Linda

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 1:42pm

Hi Linda,

Welcome to our MM family!  Smiley

I'm sorry to hear your son was diagnosed with MM, but I'm glad you found us, there's a vast amount of knowledge here about this rare disease and some good people willing to share their experiences with you and will help you in any way they can.

In regards to your question, please allow me to explain... we would never say a particular doctor is not a good doctor to see. You will see a member, like in the above posts, state from personal experience, that they would not want to be treated by a certain doctor because they feel that doctor may not have enough MM experience, but they strictly mean they want a doctor treating this rare disease who has as much MM experience as possible, as you said you wanted. That’s the key to successful treatment. There are many brilliant neurosurgeons out there that I still wouldn’t want as my doctor if they only treated a few MM cases a year, because just one bad decision from inexperience can mean the difference in the future of that patient, so naturally we advise new members to see a doctor with as much MM experience as possible, but ultimately it’s up to the member to research the facts and base their decision on what’s best in their particular case.

So, do your homework and arm yourself with knowledge. You can ask all the questions you want, and the answers will become clearer as you learn the facts. You're already are on the right track wanting experience for your son, in a world where many in the medical community arn't as familiar with this disease as they should be.

You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mar

IP Logged

lflores
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

addison, USA, IL, Illinois
Reply #29 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 5:07pm

Abbe,
Due to our insurance, we also have been referred to Comers Children Hospital at U of C.  We were referred to a Dr. Yamini.  Have you heard of him at all?  What are you thoughts if you have.

Linda

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge