Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anyone in CANADA (Read 5772 times)
heather
New Poster

halifax, Canada, usa, 550, 49, NS, Nova_Scotia
anyone in CANADA
Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:32pm

wonder if anyone in Canada has ever travelled to USA for therapy or treatment consultation ,surgery ETC...

i have been comminicating with a doctor in Boston about my daughter... was hoping to see if anyone in canada was successful in getting our government to pay for help

thanks

HEATHER

IP Logged

gazou
New Poster

9 year old boy with moyamoya!

Golden, Canada
Re: anyone in CANADA
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 1:42pm

Dear Heather,
We are from Canada and my boy who has moyamoya had his surgeries at the Alberta Children's Hospital in Calgary. Dr. Mark Hamilton has previous experience with moyamoya.
I cannot help you with procedures with getting treatment in the States but I thought I should tell you about treatment available here in Canada.
How old is your daughter? My son was 6 when he was 1st diagnosed. He is now amost 9 and is doing well thanks to EDAS procedures on both sides. Please feel free to contact me for any info!
All the best!
Gazou

IP Logged

heather
New Poster

halifax, Canada, usa, 550, 49, NS, Nova_Scotia
Re: anyone in CANADA
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 8:45pm

hello and thank you we actually met with a surgeon today in halifax  nova scotia that trained under dr.stienburg in california...he is going to contact him about the complexity of daughters  illnesses.. and her many EDAS  surguries and post op strokes.. continuing TIA's.. amazing he said he would love to send her to stanford ,,we are now waiting on an angio ... my daughter is almost 19 to soon to transition to adult world which is scarey..thank you for replying... plz keep in contact

thanks heather

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge