Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WALK TO HONOR STROKE SURVIVORS (Read 4387 times)
cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
WALK TO HONOR STROKE SURVIVORS
Aug 26th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Hi MM Friends -

On September 12, I will be walking a 3mile walk in Dallas, sponsored by the American Heart Association, to honor stroke survivors.  Of course I am walking for Kate, as well as MM stroke survivors.  I am excited.  It will still be hot as you-know-what, so think cool thoughts for me.

Hugs,  Smiley

Cass  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2009 at 12:43pm by cass/kate »  

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: WALK TO HONOR STROKE SURVIVORS
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2009 at 2:20pm

WTG Cass!! I’m so proud of you, and what a great cause. You’re an inspiration. Smiley

I sure hope you get cooler weather though, I heard it’s been brutal there. Drink plenty of fluids, and take care of you! We'll be with ya in spirit, rooting you on.Smiley

Good luck girlfriend!!

Mar

IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2009 at 2:45am

Yeah, Cass! I'll be literally striding along with you on the 12th. I'm walking the Aflac Iron Woman 5K in Seattle on that same day. Should be much, much cooler here. Wear a hat with lots of ventilation holes and strap on one of those fanny packs that hold a water bottle. Is the entire event being sponsored by the American Heart Association? What a great opportunity to get the word out about the association between stroke and Moyamoya. Take some pictures.
Kim

IP Logged

cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
Reply #3 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:14pm

Hi there all my MM friends

I am sorry to report that I did not make the Walk for Stoke Survivors after all.  My aunt that I lived with while I worked and went to the U of U died suddenly (one week before Kate and I were scheduled to fly to SLC to see her) and I had to change my plans and fly out for her funeral.  Very sad, but she had had a wonderful life - nearly 90 years.

My friend Pat, however, carried on for both of us and included Kate and MM stroke survivors on her shirt.  Hopefully, I will be ready for the next one.

How did your walk turn out, Kim?

Love and Hugs,

Cass Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:16pm by cass/kate »  

IP Logged

KTiller
Senior Poster

Freeland, USA, usa, 51, 28, WA, Washington
Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 6:02pm

Hi Cass,
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope when my time comes that my family and friends will say that I led a good life, that is the best memorial.
I too missed my Sept 12th Aflac Iron Girl walk. My son, David was off on a cruise to Alaska which left me alone with the business. I'd planned to close the shop and do the walk, but the local Inn ran out of soap and I had to wrap bars that morning. I have a half marathon scheduled for mid October than the Seattle Marathon Nov 29th. I'm still planning to do both, provided I get the OK tomorrow from the podiatrist. I may have a stress fracture on my left heel.  Sad
Kim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge