Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
first year after surgeries (Read 4683 times)
sheida
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Baltimore
first year after surgeries
Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:49pm

Our daughter is 7 years old, through the spring and summer of this year, she had both sides of her brain surgeries, she was extremely stable until 2-3 weeks ago start complaining of left side weakness.   Her first post-op MRI is this coming Friday.  Is there any parents has/had same experience.  Thank you

sheida.reimel1 sheida reimel  
IP Logged

yunnanababy
Experienced Poster

My daughter had her surgeries
in October 2009

Indianapolis, IN  USA
Re: first year after surgeries
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:49pm

Sheida,,

My daughter is 6.5 years old, and had her left & right side indirect bypasses in October, so she is not as far out from surgeries as your daughter is.  However, she has had few TIAs post surgery when her temper gets the better of her (left &/or right side weakness, which resolves quickly).  She also complains of feeling dizzy upon standing after sitting for long periods - this happens frequently when she stands up to get out of our mini-van - the dizziness usually passes quickly.

I asked her neurosurgeon about these issues at her post-surgical follow-up visit at the end of November.  Her surgeon believes that both issues will likely resolve on their own as the new vessel growth continues to progress; however, she did say that it may be necessary to prescribe nifidepine (a blood pressure medicine) for her, if these issues persist beyond spring/summer 2010.

Hopefully the MRI on Friday will help point to some answers for you in your daughter's case.

Best regards,

Jenn

Mom to an 9.5 y/o ballerina/guitar player with MMD & an 11.5 y/o gymnast/cross country runner/swimmer!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/rubymaejingli
WWW 1422039771&ref=profile  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge