Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. Peter Rasmussen - Cleveland, OH (Read 9491 times)
Larry
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Austintown,Oh
Dr. Peter Rasmussen - Cleveland, OH
Jun 22nd, 2010 at 8:16pm

My name is Larry and I am a 56 year old male from the Youngstown ,OH area. I recently (6-17) under went bypass surgery on my right side at the Cleveland Clinic. I had Dr. Peter Rasmussen do my surgery. He is very aware of Moyamoya in the NE Ohio area.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2012 at 8:59pm by DJ »  
Lawrence Roth  
IP Logged

Patty
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Hillsboro Ohio
Re: NE Ohio Surgeon
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 7:41am

Hi Larry, Do you have a neuro doctor if you need help after surgery. I had surgery a year ago last march at Stanford. I am doing well but wonder who I would see in Ohio if I had concerns I live in Hillsboro Ohio closer to cinci

IP Logged

Larry
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Austintown,Oh
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 8:53am

I live in Austintown ,Oh near Youngstown. When I was first diagnosed at the Cleveland Clinic my PCP didn't even know what Moyamoya was. He sent me to Youngstown's best neurologist and he recommended Cleveland Clinic.  So the only Surgeon I know around here is Dr. Peter Rasmussen at the Clinic.

Lawrence Roth  
IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2010 at 4:19am

Dr Rasmussen is a fantastic and highly qualified surgeon. I was actually going to do my bypass's with him, but decided if my Insurance allowed me to travel to Stanford (which it did) I would ultimately do my surgeries with Dr. Steinburg.
My husband is a physician at University and we scrutinized both the CC and University Hospitals from strict professional criteria! We scratched Univ and its surgeon quickly from our short list and was very impressed that Dr. Rasmussen was suggesting the very same surgical approach exactly, as that of Dr. Steinburg. It was "only" the volume of MM surgeries that tipped the scale in favor of going to Stanford. I feel both Dr. Steinburg and Dr. Rasmussen are great choices! Now, as far as your followup post surgery.....Dr Anthony Furlan was the head of Neurology at CC for over 25yrs and only 2yrs ago....he left to head the program at the University Hospital! He is world renowned and absolutely the BEST Vascular Neurologist in the Mid-West! I was his patient at CC and now I am his patient at University!

So, in conclusion...CC has the best Neuro-Surgeon & Univ has the best Vascular Neurologist!

Best Regards, Diane
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2010 at 4:24am by lotsofkids »  

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Dan W.
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Dr. Peter Rasmussen - Cleveland, OH
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 11:22pm

My 7 year old daughter just had her second (left then right) Edams surgery with Dr. Rasmussen 3 days ago. He is a wonderful surgeon and caring man. Dr. Friedman is her nuerologist and I find it hard to believe you'll find anyone better than him in the Cleveland area. The staff and patients idolize him. We drive from Toledo regularly to see them and it's well worth the drive as there is noone in Toledo with either of these mens credentials.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge