Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MoyaMoya and Sleep Apnea (Read 2785 times)
cheri
New Poster

I Am the Captain of my
ship, The Master of my
soul

Rock, USA, usa, 365, 69, MI, Michigan
MoyaMoya and Sleep Apnea
Jul 2nd, 2010 at 5:23pm

Sorry if someone posted about this topic before.  My Verizon has been giving me trouble and I have just about gave up on the internet with them.  However i am on a very slow dial-up right now and need some info.  Has anyone with moyamoya been diagnosed with sleep apnea.  I understand 90 percent of sleep apnea is obstructive...and 10 percent is central sleep apnea.  Central is caused from a lack of signal from the brain to the diaphram..it does not tell it to breathe after the apnea.  It can be caused from neurological diseases.  If anyone else has sleep apnea I'd appreciate some input.  Is it coman with moyamoya and what can be done?  Thanks for any comments and answers!

When the world says "Give Up",   HOPE whispers....."Try One More Time"!
WWW cheri4015  
IP Logged

charl
Junior Poster

Mother of a 18 year old
with MoyaMoya!

potsdam, USA, usa, 473, 66, NY, New_York
Re: MoyaMoya and Sleep Apnea
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 7:51am

My daughter molly is going next week for a 72 hour eeg test for narcolepsi or sleep epilepsi. she is unable to go to sleep even with meds and does not feel rested when she does get up.if it is not siezure activity we will be going to the sleep lab for other sleep disorders including apnea. when we find any info i will post it. any info you have should be posted as well so we can all have this information.
thanks for posting, Amiee mollys mom

my now almost 19 year old daughter/sister have moyamoya

IP Logged

Corinne
New Poster

Lindsey

Breaux Bridge, LA
Re: MoyaMoya and Sleep Apnea
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 9:20am

My Daughter Lindsey who has Moyamoya and Down Syndrome (surgery March 2010) was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea 9 years ago and uses a CPAP machine.  She does not go anywhere without her machine.  It has made a world of difference for her.  She did the sleep study and used the machine the 2nd night and she was sold.  She asked for a machine the very next day and has not stopped using it since.  She was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea.  Her airway is very small.  She also had to remove her tonsils and adenoids as well.

I don't know how it ties to Moyamoya or if it does at all.  My son who has Down Syndrome also was also diagnosed with sleep apnea and can't us the CPAP.  It puts air in his stomach and is very painful.  He does not sleep hardly at all.  We are in the process of testing him for Moyamoya because recently he is having episode very similar to his sister.  Cry

Good luck with your situation. 

Corinne

Mom of Lindsey who has Down Syndrome diagnosed with MMD at 22 Years Old in 2010

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge