Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Affordable hotels? (Read 7172 times)
tammy66
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

pittsburgh,pa
Affordable hotels?
Jan 6th, 2011 at 8:24pm

We will be going to Boston, childrens hospital in March for a one year angiogram for our daughter, Amanda.  Does anyone have info on a good but affordable hotel we can stay at while down there?   We have been on the internet and saw some good deals, then went on reviews and they were in bad areas or not so great.   We just wanted to get a nice hotel, free parking and near childrens, the aquarium and hockey arena, but pay no more than 150/night (if that's possible).  Has anyone been down for testing and stayed in nearby hotels that would be recomended?
Thanks for any help,
Tammy (Amanda's mom)

IP Logged

DFior
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Long Island NY
Re: Affordable hotels?
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 6:34pm

We stayed at the Best Western next door to the hospital one night I don't remember the price but it was under 200. They offer discounts to patients of the hospital. It was not too far from the Tram and you can take it to many of the Boston sights. You can park in patient parking for a discount and use the Tram to get where you want to go. We had no problems in the area. Thoough we were told the area behind the hospital was not that good we did walk to the supermarket one day 

When we stayed for the surgery 10 days for both the angio and the surgery we stayed at the Yawkey Family Inn which was a huge savings but it was a little further from the hospital. This is the website
http://www.yawkeyfamilyinn.org/

IP Logged

momkaren
Experienced Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2011 at 11:20pm

My son had surgery in Boston on 5/31 and we stayed at the Yawkey Family Inn. It cost us $30 per night and is about 5 blocks from the hospital, an easy walk. You get a bedroom with a nightstand and a closet (this is what we had for a  family of 3). You share a bathroom (2 full baths on a floor) with the others staying on the floor. Every room in the Inn is very clean (spotless) and they have a large kitchen, playroom, quiet room and 2 computers you can use. I think it is a wonderful place to stay.

IP Logged

qenten
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:41am

good idea

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge