Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dissapointment in issurance... (Read 4131 times)
mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
dissapointment in issurance...
Feb 19th, 2011 at 10:08am

I'm not sure if anyone remmebers but last summer Kathleen started working with an independant OT. We were hoping to use a new brace called a SAEBOFlEX
http://www.saebo.com/products/saeboflex/
It's been proven to be a very promising tool to regian lost function of a hand from strokes. Anyway she measured too small for the brace so the OT made a prototype of it and she's been using it successfully. The OT talked again with the company about her success and they agreed to make it fit her hand. As you can imagine I was soooo excited for her. The thought of regianing any use and in turn regaining some independance has been my dream for 9yr. She works so so hard at it and typical therapy just isn't enough. We got the script and letter of medical neccesity off to the company. We just got the bad news last night that they will not cover any part of the cost!!! What a let down... I was not at all ready for the fact that it would come down to money. The brace is over $1600. What's so ironic here is that my oldest daughter is in her first year of law school. She has always known that she would like to help individuals with health care and insurance issues in some way with her law dagree. Just eysterday she said she thought she may like to be a lobbiest, she saw this as a way to get out there and help in a big way. She was also a psych major and saw how difficult it was for individuals to get the care they needed. Not to mention right here at home watching me struggle to get what Kathleen needs. Anyway, sorry I just had to vent about this.
Mary Grace 

rgrace5  
IP Logged

lynn
Junior Poster

I Love MM.com!

Michigan
Re: dissapointment in issurance...
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 2:40pm

That looks like an incredible thing for your daughter!  Life is so tough when money interferes in this way.  Will you appeal to your insurance company?

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: dissapointment in issurance...
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 11:07am

I will try to appeal. What really bothers me is that we're wasting time. Now, it could take months to get this brace when we could have had it already if the insurance would pay for it or even part of it. We will do whatever it takes to get it for her because we want her to be as independant as possible and this is one huge stumbling block for her. If they only knew her and how hard she has worked for so long and what this could mean to her if it indeed works.Thanks...
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge