Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dr. in Chicago (Read 10143 times)
Caitsmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Dr. in Chicago
Mar 11th, 2011 at 11:27am

Hello. I am new to the site. My daughter has just been diagnosed with Moyamoya. Initially we were told we were going to Boston to see Dr. Smith but our insurance has gotten involved and is requesting that we "interview" doctors in Chicago before proceeding to Boston. Has anyone seen anyone here in Chicago? Thanks so much.

IP Logged

Erinmom2
New Poster

Mom to Malachi Moyamoya
surgery on June 28th

Illinois
Re: Dr. in Chicago
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 7:02pm

Hello! Welcome to the family. We live in il too, closet to chicago. My son has moyamoya as well and had surgery this past summer in Boston with dr. Scott and dr. Smith! We did speak with a surgeon at hope childrens hospital in oak lawn before deciding to go to Boston. The doctor at hope was wonderful but lacked the experience that dr. Scott and dr. Smith have. Plead let me know if you have any further questions, I know how scary this time can be. Would love to talk with you!

Erin

IP Logged

little warrior
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Dr. in Boston
Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:39pm

Hello my son is 3 yrs old and has MM. He had a stroke on January 2010. Dr's in NJ couldn't find the cause of the stroke. He had a follow-up on 02/2011  in San Antonio TX where we are living right now and he was diagnosed with MM. Thanks to this great website I found DR. Scott in Boston. He had checked my son's medical records and he had scheduled surgery on 04/19. This is a very difficult time for the family. everything is so quick and I am so scared. I would like to heard from parents whose kids have been treated by Dr. Scott and how they are doing right now.
Thanks
Ana
Little warrior's mom 

IP Logged

masonsmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 2:20pm

Dr Charbel at UIC did my surgery in Chicago. I also know of someone who had surgery done at Rush.

IP Logged

KathyD
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 1:37pm

Dr. Sepideh Amin-Hanjani at the University of Illinois Chicago did both of my sons (A total of 3 surgeries).  She explained the procedure and answered our questions before they can be asked.

IP Logged

erri
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:24pm

Blessing

________________________________________________________________________________
________
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2012 at 10:26pm by erri »  

IP Logged

willowz
New Poster

Hope Springs Eternal

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 5:39pm

Dr. Anderson of Loyola is a good option for Chicago Area. Loyola Medical Center is in Maywood, one of the suburbs. Did a great job, and is really personable. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge