Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
surgery scheduled for December (Read 5338 times)
JMAC
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

surgery scheduled for December
Nov 20th, 2011 at 7:54pm

Hi,  I am new to this sight.  I have moyamoya and am planning to have surgery with Dr. Du in Boston in December.  I have been struggling and searching for answers for a little more than a year now.  I originally sent my scans to Dr. Steinberg who supported the diagnosis of MM.  He is so dedicated to MM and his office was wonderful as well.  I found Dr. Du through Dr. Michael Scott who I also saw for a consult.  He was also excellent. 

My symptoms have become worse and I know it is time to move forward with surgery before I have a compromising stroke or worse.  Did I mention I am a cancer survivor times two.  MM scares the hell out of me! 

Wish me luck.  Smiley

Jmac

IP Logged

maryanne
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: surgery scheduled for December
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 5:06am

I am new to the site too and found it to be be very supportive and resourceful.Good luck with you surgery. My best wishes will be with you
Maryanne Smiley

IP Logged

Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2011 at 8:36pm

Hi Jmac, I was wondering your thoughts about Dr. Du. She assisted Dr. Day my left side bypass back in Sept. 2009, who has since left and gone to Houston. My husband and I met with her a year after my surgery after us calling their office. I was never asked to go in to see her after Dr. Day left after my surgery. When I saw her in Sept. 2010, she said my surgery did not take and that there was no other surgical option available. Has she said how many of these surgeries she has done on her own? I've been very curious about her in this past year. I hope things go well for you I can say that the staff in the Neuro ICU at Brighams are wonderful and someone is with you at all times for a couple of days after the surgery. Please keep me posted as to how things are going. Best wishes, Kathy

IP Logged

JMAC
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 7:52pm

Hi, Kathy,

so far my care with Dr. Du has been very positive and she has been very responsive.  I agree the ICU staff was wonderful and so focused on providing excellent patient care.  I have seen Dr Du once since surgery on the 27th of December and will see her again in 2 weeks.  My biggest concern post op was severe headaches which seem to be getting better.  How are you doing? Smiley

IP Logged

Kathymc
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

massachusetts
Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 1:04am

I'm glad things went well for you. Myself, they have since found a second blockage, which we are trying to see the best route to take for this. I'm now having symptoms on my left side as well at the right, with numbness etc. I wish I could say my headaches/head pain went away but it is with me everyday. Of course my first bypass did not take, and Dr. Du said there was nothing surgically that she could do for me a year ago. How long were you in the hospital?

Hope you get better and stronger with each day!
Kathy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge