Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Surgeons With Experience (Read 10907 times)
jalinhopkins
New Poster

Thank God for our new
family!!!!!

Columbia,Maryland
Surgeons With Experience
Jun 10th, 2013 at 8:24pm

Dr Edward Ahn Baltimore,Maryland Smiley

Life is all about giving love to each and everyone!!!! Without love and compassion for something or someone else besides ourselfs life journeys will always be a down fall!!!!
Lynell HOPKINS  
IP Logged

corynski
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

lancing, tn
Re: Surgeons With Experience
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2013 at 3:17pm

Greetings

I am more than happy to recommend Dr. Robert A. Mericle, of the HW Neurological Institute, LLC, Nashville, Tn. 37203, of whom I have already written about elsewhere in this forum.

My 40 year old deaf son, Willy, a rubella baby, has completed the first of his two operations to supply more blood to his brain, as he is missing the two anterior arteries.  The first surgery went well.  About 6/7 hours in duration, it resulted in a 4 inch scar going directly upward in front of his right ear, covered with a kind of 'superglue' that itched and drove him mad.  But the healing went well and he was discharged following his final exam.

A few days later Willy remarked that he wasn't having any TIA's and headaches in his frontal area since the operation.  He does still have some leftover effects from the original stroke he had 4 months earlier, the worst of which is a stabbing pain in his right thigh muscle, near the knee, that shows no signs of diminishing.  The numbness in that muscle did finally go away a week ago. 

And Dr. Mericle's assistants are excellent too, including Becky and Jessica and the entire staff.  Thank you all for your kindness....... 

I just this morning decided upon early Dec to follow up and have Willy's next operation.  It's so good to have confidence in our medical providers when our fears threaten to take over.....

charles coryn, lancing, tn

IP Logged

Sue W
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2013 at 8:34am

Hi! My name is Sue and had two EDAS procedures (my right side done on 12/20/11 and the left side done on 1/11/13. Both procedures were performed at UW Hospital by the remarkable Dr. Robert Dempsey.    The entire experience was amazing.  I was terrified but Dr Dempsey and his entire staff made me always feel at ease. 

Sue

IP Logged

OneStoneTwoBirds
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:52pm

My husband just had EDAS done by Dr. Jared Knopman at Weill-Cornell in NYC.  I'm very impressed with the expertise and the bedside manner of Dr. Knopman's entire team.  The other side still has to be done, but my husband feels much more relaxed about having that done now that he's seen the good care he got for the first one.  HIGHLY recommended.

IP Logged

Freelin
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 2:10pm

Dr. Gary Steinberg, Stanford Medical Center, Palo Alto CA. 

When he sent a letter to our insurance outlining the procedures and exactly what he would be doing, he indicated he had performed over 1200+ surgeries.

Great person, great surgeon and uses anesthesiologists who specialize in neurosurgery procedures.

Post op, Stanford Neurowing was the best!

IP Logged

Rona Alexander
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 1:25am

Dr Ghaus Mallk at Henry Ford Hospital, Westbloomfield, MI performed 2 Revascularization and Bypass surgeries on my husband. I highly recommend him and this hospital for treatment of MoyaMoya Disease.

IP Logged

Young
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 5:53pm

I want to caution everyone who will undergo direct vascularization.  This is a very high risk procedure.  The outcome data that was provided from Stanford is too good to be true.  The data needs to be re-evaluated by the third party.

IP Logged

Young
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 7:53pm

I don't recommend Dr. Steinberg at Stanford.  He is too rush to the surgery and does not explain to patients and family.  My wife died 4 days after moyamoya EC-IC done by Dr. Steinberg.  I believe his team manipulate surgery outcome data!

IP Logged

willowz
New Poster

Hope Springs Eternal

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 5:10pm

Chicago Area, Dr. Douglas Anderson, vascular neurosurgeon at Loyola Medical Center. He operated on my sister with MM in November of 2015, everything went really well and she is recovering nicely. She had a combination of indirect and direct revascularization. She went back to work (desk job) 1 month post surgery. Head will ache with vibrations or if she exerts to much, but hopefully that will fade with time. In addition he's really personable and talked to her in language she could readily understand. Smiley

IP Logged

Castiel15
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 5:46pm

I am very thankful to recommend Dr Saleem Abdulrauf at St Louis University School of Medicine!!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge