Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TIAs post surgery (Read 2615 times)
ninniesmom
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Texas
TIAs post surgery
Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:18pm

Has anyone been given an explanation on TIAs after surgery?  Our 15 year old daughter had right EDAS in August 2013 and left in September2013.  She has been hospitalized 3 times since surgery.  Her neurosurgeon has said each time was TIA.  The last time, MRI and CTA were done and we were told they looked great, surgery looks successful.  I'm not doubting that...I just wanted to know if anyone has been given a medical explantion as to why TIAs occur after a successful surgery.  So confusing.

IP Logged

OneStoneTwoBirds
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: TIAs post surgery
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 2:40pm

It takes a while for revascularization after EDAS.  My husband had EDAS in August 2013 and his neurosurgeon told him that you are still at risk of stroke or TIA for six months to a year after surgery while revascularization takes place.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge