Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wait time for help. (Read 4866 times)
Sue B
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Mallorytown, Ontario Canada
Wait time for help.
Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:28pm

In September 2011 a cat scan showed 3 small dead spots on my brain. They told me this is normal but not in a 50 year old woman. After countless test and scans, a 13 month wait to see a neurologist I was told it was MM and I had to see the Neurosurgeon. Now it's been 11 months and I still have not heard for him. Is this normal to wait this long for help? I live in Canada and see doctors at the Ottawa Civic Hospital.

IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Wait time for help.
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2014 at 9:10pm

I'm sorry no one has responded.  Your question is hard to answer due to your living in Canada.   I am not familiar with the health care system there.  11 months sounds like a long time.  When you were told you had MM did they say if you had complete occlusion on either side?  They can't operate until there is complete occlusion as far as I know.  Is there any way for you to contact a neurologist and ask about the immediacy of your situation?

IP Logged

Sue B
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 11:08am

I first had a MRI in Kinston, Ontario this is where they found the dead spots. It was followed by a ultrasound and 3 CT scans.
When I met with the neurologist in Ottawa, Kingston was saying it was CNS Vasculitis.
The neurologist said I was not sick enough for vasculitis and ordered another CT scan it was then that they said it was MM and referred me to a surgeon November 2013. No more test done.
The fact that I am still here proves it was not vasculitis.
My neurologist phones quit often and is calling the surgeons office regularly to try to get me in. His hands are tied.
Yesterday I contacted the National news in Canada which has a Go Public segment but I have not heard back from them.   

IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:04am

The reason I asked if there was occlusion or blockage is that they can't do a bypass without that having happened.  Has the neurologist put you on any type of blood thinner?

IP Logged

Sue B
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2014 at 9:20am

He first put me on Teva-Rosuvastatin for cholesterol even though my numbers were fine, followed by 81 mg Aspirin and now Coversyl 4 mg as it seems my blood pressure is shooting up and down. I do know as of Nov. 11, 2013 the MM was just on the left side. That is all I know looking around in here I realize I have no information on what is happening in my head.

IP Logged

lostinkansas
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 7:49am

Ok so they put you on an adult aspirin so that's good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge