Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long term side effects from MMD & Multiple strokes (Read 2345 times)
jnokes
New Poster

Daughter,Paige, has NF1
and Moya Moya

Smithville, USA, TN, Tennessee
Long term side effects from MMD & Multiple strokes
Dec 1st, 2018 at 10:32am

Hello. It's been several years since I've been on here. My16 year old daughter was born with NF1 & a few years later diagnosed with MMD. She has 3strokes & multiple TIAs 12 yrs ago & surgeries on both sides & middle of the brain.  At first the damage from the strokes was minor, but the older she got, the worse the side effects became. Now she's almost 17 & she's still not a"teenager"(she still acts like she's 10 sometimes. I had to start homeschooling because the teachers just weren't teaching her anything, they just pushed her thru. I worry about how she will ever be able to live on her own & live a somewhat normal life. Has anyone else went through this? And does anyone have any recommendations on how we,as her parents, can help our daughter?!?! I don't want her too have to be dependent completely on someone else to live day to day.  Thank you!

IP Logged

hanginon1
New Poster

I Love MM.com!

Re: Long term side effects from MMD & Multiple strokes
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 1:15pm

The school has a legal obligation to evaluate her for special education services due to her health impairment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge