Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Howdy~ (Read 3308 times)
Lux
New Poster

et Nox

Melbourne, Australia, australia, 273, 288, VIC, Victoria
Howdy~
Oct 27th, 2005 at 10:06am

Hi all,

Just a quick intro~ My name's Jack and i'm from Melbourne, Australia. My lil' sister was diagnosed with moya moya probably about eight or nine years ago... When she was eight she underwent surgery [march 97'] -i'm unsure of the specific procedure- sadly she suffered a major stroke in recovery (left side hemiplegia). She's since regained significant movement.

I've just turned 21 and am currently doing a bachelor of emergency health in paramedics. I thought i would try looking up moya moya again on the internet... What a find! Not only a massive resource of information but a support-based global community-

I look forward to talking to you all and finally gaining a better understanding moya moya~ Smiley

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Re: Howdy~
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 10:20am

Hi lux,  Smiley

Welcome to the mm.com family!  So glad that you found this wonderful site!  I too went searching for more information about this "rare" disease when I was diagnosed earlier this year May and (thank God!) found this site!  ;Grin  

Do you know that there are others from Australia also on this site?  You can click on the "Member Map" above and type in Australia to see everyone who actually placed themselves on the map.  (Don't forget to put yourself on too  Wink)

If you don't mind me asking...Is your sister still in Australia?  What type of surgery did she have?  Where? I'm glad to hear that she has regained significant movement since then. This site provides much valuable information...like new info on treatments, and how some treatments work for others, etc.  It's just a wealth of information here.  Also, if you have any questions (and I mean any...) please feel free to post it here.  More than likely, someone will respond.  The support here is overwhelming.  Smiley

Well, welcome again...

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2005 at 10:21am by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

cubbie
Experienced Poster
MM.com Benefactor

Stanford MM Survivor,May

Delaware, USA, usa, 418, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 10:30am

Welcome Aboard Jack!!!

You will find a wealth of information here and a lot of people to help you in your search and support.

Glad you found MM.com
Kevin

Kevin Allen- I was so much older than,I am younger than that now,The Byrds,My Back Pages

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 1:37pm

Welcome Jack,

Sorry to hear about your sister but am glad she has improved significantly over the years.

With you in emergency health as a paramedic, this is the place to not only learn about moyamoya but to read the different symptoms moyamoya victims experience. You will find there are people from all over the world on this site and they all have their own moyamoya story. Some are worse than others. Some have had significant strokes and others have not. Some have had STA-MCA (direct bypass) surgery and others have had EADS surgery. Some have had both. The type of surgical procedure varies greatly from one individual to another and from child to adult. You can read more about the different surgeries on the board.

WE look forward to hearing from you and learning more about your sister and her moyamoya story and journey.

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2005 at 2:14am

G'day Jack.

WELCOME!!
I'm in Perth Western Australia
Moira

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2005 at 6:24pm

Smiley Hi Jack! Welcome to the fam! I look forward to chattin with ya ;Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge