Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a POEM FOR fRAN (Read 2376 times)
tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
a POEM FOR fRAN
May 27th, 2004 at 8:24pm

Why Not
By
Thomas Gallucci

I remember a day some time ago, 1993 July,  
     In a hospital room in Montclair New Jersey, my mother cried and cried.  Why did this happen?  why to her? oh why did my daughter die?  
     I was there on that day in late July when my young sister Fran died.  This awful day still etched in my mind was July stifling hot.  As mom shook her head, I gave her a hug and said  my reply is why not?
     Now don’t think I’m cold but every day young people leave loved ones and die.
     We loved Fran, Lord show us the way to get through what thousands go through every day.
Because I have said the words Why not,  Please don’t think I don’t care But when thousands of children die every day, who are we to be spared?
     Little children from infant to five are among those called home and die.  The younger the years the bigger the tears, let’s be thankful we had her for 31 years.       
     I can’t say not to grieve or pretend we won’t miss them, every hour of every day.
     Remember them fondly of all of the good times and please remember to pray.
     It’s tough to grasp, but we must not forget who our true father is at all times.  Through all of our trials good times and bad God is  at our side all the time.  What his own son    suffered was worse than our own      One more thing to remember as we go through this journey, Earth’s just our temporary home.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2004 at 8:24pm by tomg »  

IP Logged

ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Re: a POEM FOR fRAN
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2004 at 9:48pm

Your poem has really touched me. 
What a beautiful tribute to your sister.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge