Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Anyone have pets? (Read 25026 times)
ariannasmommy
Experienced Poster

^i^Angel Arianna^i^

Herrin, USA, usa, 361, 171, IL, Illinois
Re:  Anyone have pets?
Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2004 at 11:55pm

Not too happy with my babies today.  All were acting up and low and behold if Gus didn't bite me.  I am happy he is a little horse and can be controlled fairly easily, but I am very happy that he has a small mouth.  Maybe getting another one within the next few months.  We will have to see.

Tammy Carter
munbby2004  
IP Logged

srkm5482
MM.com Sponsor

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sugar Land, TX
Reply #26 - Jul 12th, 2004 at 9:38am

We have a cat the boys named "Jacatto".  Got the name off some video they watched!  But I call her Ki-ki.  She's a med-hair tortoise shell calico with lots of red (I always wanted a red-headed baby!)  Kyle is really a dog kid, but his younger brother is very afraid of them and I know nothing about them, so we got a cat.  Kyle and I have the best fun making up what we think she's thinking!  We taught her to sit before we put her food down.  She leaves us presents on the porch occassionally, usuallly a field mouse or (hope we don't get arrested for this) sometimes a mockingbird!  They really are very mean to her.  She never eats them.
Pets (animals in general) really are quite theraputic.  My mom isn't able to bend down and we knew she couldn't care for a real pet, so after my Dad died, the boys and I got her one of those "Fur Real"  cats!  She has so much fun with it!  She lives in a retirement village now and the other seniors get a real kick out of it!
Janice, I'm anxious to hear how the horse riding works, too!  I've heard some wonderful stories and hope Patti's is a good experience, too!

sue

Sue (Kyle's mom)

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #27 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 2:26am

Hi Sue. I'm really more of a dog person, although I love my feline babies. Dogs are great, where a cat can take or leave you half the time, a dog always wants to be with you and always wants to be petted. They are wonderful. Smiley

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #28 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 5:41am

Sue,

Thanks for inquiring about the horse back riding.  That is on the back burner for a while.  Patty is getting a pump installed, family reunion, going up north to cottage, etc.  But will try to fit in soon.

In regards to pets.

Pat M - Patty had a Cavalier King  Charles. 

Our son moved back home 2 years ago with a Black Lab pup- Max.  This past March Matt moved out again with Max.  I am not sure who I miss more Max or Matt. well I really do know who I miss more but do not want to say!!!

I am sure that you can guess.

Janice. 

IP Logged

DianeMain
Experienced Poster

My sister, PatM, has moyamoya.

San Jose, USA, usa, 23, 160, CA, California
Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 5:50pm

nikki wrote on Jul 9th, 2004 at 9:57pm:
Hey Diane and Pat! just wanted to let yall know that my father-in-laws beagle Nico will be going to a beagle rescue and will be transported to New Jersey to find a home! She will be kept in a foster home until she is placed with a new family. She is so sweet. I hope she doesn't get too scared in all that moving around and not knowing anyone Smiley          Nikki

There's an excellent beagle rescue in New Jersey.  Is that who you're working with?  I think the woman's name is Linda.  My ex-in-laws got their dog from her.

Diane
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2004 at 5:50pm by DianeMain »  

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Bill Watterson (1958 - ), cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #30 - Jul 13th, 2004 at 7:30pm

I am actually working with Canine Angels out of GA, and they are transporting her to New Jersey to find a home up there. I'm not sure if that is canine angels too, or a different one, but I talked with the lady on the phone and she seemed very nice and sincere. I sure will miss her, but it's better for her. She's so sweet! Smiley I know they will take very good care of her and she will find a wonderful family.

IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

reading, USA, usa, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #31 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 2:59pm

Hi everyone it is me Judy well i have a dog her name is shorty and i went to my fathers house about a month and a half and she was close with my brothers male dog but i didnt see them mate and she is getting bigger nipples and she looks a little fatter (not much) but noticible and i was wondering if anyone knew about dogs cause im not sure whats wrong i think maybe she pregnant but im not sure.

Judy

IP Logged

daisy
Junior Poster

I've had MM 4-ever & didn't
know it.  Still here!

Augusta, USA, usa, 461, 137, WV, West_Virginia
Reply #32 - Aug 9th, 2004 at 10:10pm

Judy,

Better get her to the vet.  Sounds like you are going to be a grandma of some pups!!  Wink  I have a dog (Lucas) that climbs his kennel to get out and "mate".  Bad dog.  He's given us three litters of mutts in the neighborhood.  LOL!!  Going to get him fixed as soon as I can afford another doctor bill.  lol  Good luck with the litter.  Hope they are born healthy.

Lee

Lee Timbrook
daisy9805  
IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #33 - Aug 10th, 2004 at 1:17pm

Shorty hasnt gotten huge but she still got the same symptoms and im not sure if shes pregnant yet. Thanks for the advise im not sure cause my vet said i have to pay for a sonogram i really dont have the money so i cant take her. They told me give her puppy chow and see what happens in 63 days im not sure what to do know
and if she is pregnant she would be about 50 to 52 days and i dont feel anything in her stomach her stomach gotten bigger but i dont feel nothing but hardness. If she is pregnant i am exited cause i love the sight of birth even in dogs i seen a god birth before but i am not sure still.

Judy

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #34 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 5:50pm

Hi Judy. I know a good bit about animals, I actually finished school in the vet tech department. You said her nipples were kinda big. Are they kinda saggy and full around the nipple as well? You shouldn't HAVE to have a sonogram, the vet should also be able to feel of her tummy "palpation" and at least be able to feel if there are any puppies in her. They usually give birth around 58 to 63 days after they get pregnant, so just keep an eye on her. A couple of days before they give birth, they will usuall start going to a dark quiet place to make a bed( like a closet, under the bed, places like that) so if you notice her doing that, watch her closely. When they actually start going into labor they will stop eating and drinking, their core body temp will drop, they will start circling and scratching around the floor of their"bed", start shivering, and then when they are in full blown contractions you will see her begin to push. They can usually handle thing pretty well on their on because of instinct, but some do need a little help to get the ball rolling their first time. If you have anymore questions, let me know and if I don't know the answer I will try to look it up in one of my books from school. GOOD LUCK!!! Smiley

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #35 - Aug 11th, 2004 at 5:52pm

Oh yea, and I forgot to tell you, they can also have what is called a false pregnancy too.                   Nikki

IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #36 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 2:14pm

thanks for the info i really understood everything.
I havent seen anything weird yet but it will be 63 days on the 21st of august since she been with a male and she gotten bigger but know shes the same
Im not really sure but i thought she would have been really big by now. i tried to feel her stomach but im not sure what im looking for.

Judy

IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #37 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 2:16pm

oh i forgot to say her nipples are a little bit hanging since like a month now.

Judy

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #38 - Aug 17th, 2004 at 8:28pm

Really all you are looking for when you feel of her tummy is "nots" kinda. You will have to push in a pretty good bit when you feel, gentle yet firm You can also try milking her.(I know that sound wierd) but that would tell you if she has milk or not. How distended is her belly? Good Luck!!!

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #39 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 8:40am

Wow!  This is kind of exciting!  Can't wait to hear if she has puppies!!  What breed is she?  You probably already mentioned it....

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #40 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 6:07pm

she is  a pit mix with a boxer very pretty i will try milking her.lol and i will try to see what i feel

Judy

IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #41 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 6:10pm

by  the way i forgot to ask after there period when do they get it again and can they get pregnant without her period for the next time ill know cause i wanna mate her in the future with my fathers dog his name is dark and he is a black brindle very unique that is the dog she way had been with he is beautifull.

Judy

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #42 - Aug 18th, 2004 at 7:24pm

They come into heat every six months. But they are not receptive to a male until they stop bleeding. But if she is having symptoms of pregnancy and does not give birth, she is having a false pregnancy. And you may need to talk to your vet about it. Let me know what happens when you milk her, hehe. How big is her belly?

IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #43 - Aug 19th, 2004 at 5:41pm

her belly is a little bigger but not huge im not really sure how hard to milk her cause i dont wanna do it hard but the way i did it i didnt see nothing

Judy

IP Logged

rdrjudi
New Poster

Reply #44 - Aug 22nd, 2004 at 10:12am

it is now 63 days and nothing happened so far she still looks the same and isnt eating like before and i tried to milk her nothing came out im still confused

Judy

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2004 at 3:38pm

I wish I could see her and then I could help you more. Some can go alittle over the stated times, like people giving birth late. Is she not eating at all? If this keeps going for another day or two, you need to take her to the vet and find out exactly what is going on. I hope everything works out for you. Keep me posted and I will try to help any way I can.                                             Nikki

IP Logged

Dewski
Junior Poster

Married.  Son has MM.
 He is 17.

Syracuse, USA, usa, 479, 86, NY, New_York
Reply #46 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 12:08pm

Pets huh?

We live in a ZOO!   ;Grin

We have part dog - part sPaZ black and white bark box named JoJo.   A 13 year-old ancient black cat that thinks he is still a kitten named Cocoa, an African Grey parrot named Sasha, and three russian dwarf hamsters that we never did get around to naming.

All the animals have let it be known that this is THEIR house and we are allowed the privilege of keeping them in food and occasionly they even allow us to bed down for the night.

-= Dewski =-

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #47 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 6:47pm

HI, hehe Iknow exactly how you feel. We now have an almost 4 month old shie-tzue name Fizgig. He already thinks he is the king and drives Rebel who is my 25lb cat up the wall!!! He is constantly getting into something!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge