Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
poem about the world we live in (Read 3706 times)
Lilian
Junior Poster

Leiden, Netherlands, europe, 222, 235
poem about the world we live in
Dec 27th, 2004 at 4:42pm

People only care about themselves
They don’t care about me.
People just don’t seem to care,
All they care about is I not me.

People don’t care at all,
They see the world dying
And just don’t care
Not even scared

People stopped caring long ago
And started thinking about themselves
I don’t even want to know what will happen next
Because I’m scared you know.

What will happen
If everybody walks away
When someone’s dying
When someone prays

When someone is in pain
When someone needs help
When someone is crying
Or fades away

http://www.facebook.com/lilian.justlilian 129102580  
IP Logged

tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Re: poem about the world we live in
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 2:37pm

Roll Eyes  Nice poem Lil but I don't entirely agree  This site and our MM family is proof that people really do care.  You have to be careful not to be negative all the time or people will avoid you. I've had that problem and worked hard to correct it.
     Lets face it we're all on this site and in this together.
     I know that I get lonely to talk with someone else who understands this disease. )I mean really talk on the phone)  I've posted my number several times and have never gotten a call. Smiley Smiley I've even offered to call you back.  The lesson is that most people are very private and that has to be respected.
Anyway here it is again 732-256-4090 Wink

Take care:  Tom G

IP Logged

Lilian
Junior Poster

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 4:14pm

Calling on the phone would be REALLY expensive for my dad. We live in the Netherlands you see....

I agree that the people here DO care. But I was talking about   the average human being. Most people don't care at all. Espacially were I live. People walk away when they see you are being beaten up. They are scared to get hurt themselves. But will never call the police.And even the police will look away if they see something like that and pretend it never happened!! What should we do about that? There are allready over 34 people who were killed by useless violance over the past 20 yeara and the last 10years there are  30 people from that list! That are a lot of people. They wre kicked to death, stabed to death, with no reason at all. Just because they said something about a nother persons behaviour. ( What freedom of speech?)
I'm so sick and tired of hearing this stuff on the news. I'm so sick and tired of people saying I'm gonna kill you, for no reason at all, even if they do't mean it. It should stop. They should start caring for each other in stead of killing and fighting. arguing and calling names. They should stop thinking about themselves and more about someone else.. It would make the world such a better place!

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 5:06pm

I agree whole heartedly that it should stop, but the sad fact is it won't. Over here in the US we have people murdered everyday because of gangs or drugs, or for no reason at all. Unfotunately that's life. You just have to understand that these people who are doing the killing have had something happen to them that has desensitised them to the suffering of others. Most of them have known great pains in their life, or had no feeling at all, such as love from family or friends, and have never known compassion from a stranger. The rest probably have an illness that prevents them from these feelings. The only thing we can do is try to recognize some one that might be heading down that path and show them that  love and compassion do exist. Sometimes I feel just like you and I get very angry and disgusted, but we can never loose faith in humanity or we will become just like those we are condeming. All you can do is make sure you are doing your part, like if you see someone that needs help go help. Never lose hope, because if you do you will become lost.

IP Logged

Lilian
Junior Poster

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 5:59pm

Quote:
Never lose hope, because if you do you will become lost.

That is what I meant with these parts of my poem:

What will happen
If everybody walks away
When someone’s dying
When someone prays

When someone is in pain
When someone needs help
When someone is crying
Or fades away

The part of fading away, I meant when you losef hope, you will become lost( fade away)

IP Logged

cubbie
Ex Member

Stanford MM Survivor,May

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2004 at 10:38pm

Smiley Smiley Smiley [
smiley=heart.gif] Smiley Not Fade Fade Away is A rolling stones song,If I am right? Or part of one of their songs.We all go through these times!Sometimes It is better to let go then and let it build  up.We halve hope  if we stick togeather.KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS AND SISTERS!we will not fade away,just stay stronger!
By the way Mick Jagger is 62 years young.

Kevin,Keeping the Faith through all the UPS and downs.

Kevin Allen- I was so much older than,I am younger than that now,The Byrds,My Back Pages

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge