Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Going to Camp (Read 6859 times)
Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Going to Camp
May 27th, 2005 at 6:19pm

Mandy is going to a brain injury camp Sunday for 1 week, I am a nerves wreck. I'm so worried about how she'll make out without me, today Mark said I'm gonna really miss her a whole week without her I said me too, I can't imagine. It's funny because I can't wait to get a real break then when I do I don't want it I want to keep her here with me to protect her, she needs so much help with things. They have been doing this camp for many years and know how to give the abundant help these people need, I still worry about her though...they're just not Mom. I'm sure she'll be fine it will be a good experience for her ...I'm sure she's dying to get away from me. Well let ya know how it goes.
                    Nancy Cry

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Re: Going to Camp
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2005 at 4:19am

Cry Cry Cry so hard when I dropped off Brandon for a two week camp when he was ten...but had a blast...and it all worked out.   It is amazing whatever the camp is specialized for...the kid is in great hands.  Im sure Mandy will do GREAT...and the time apart will simply only make you two even closer when you get her back again.  One week isn't so bad...really..it is there for a reason.  Wink....let us know how it goes...hugs, CarasMOM

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2005 at 9:35pm

Hang in there Nancy. You won't believe how fast the week will go.

Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2005 at 1:40am

Nancy,

I hope tomorrow (and the rest of the week) goes well!  I'll hazard a guess that it will be harder on you and Mark than it will Mandy.  It's an wonderful gift you're giving her - a chance to "try her wings" with people other than her parents right there to take of her.

Yes, there's nothing like a mom, but I'm sure she'll have a great week!  I'll look forward to your updates on how it all went.

Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2005 at 9:02am

If I know Mandy, she’s going to brighten up everyone’s heart this week with her smile and determination. I think you both need this girl. I remember how independent and strong she was prior to her strokes, so this may help her more than we can ever imagine. God love her! Tell her how proud I am of her and I love her!

Oh, and Nance, are you practicing up on your Macarana and hitting the bars while she’s gone this week, (like ol’ times), or staying home with the candle light dinners? Either way, Enjoy!  Smiley Our Mandy girl will do just great!

Mar

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 8:38am

Oh! Big surprise Mandy is dancing, doing arts and crafts and swimming so far, guess I worried for nothing...hmmmm never did that before. She's having a blast never even called I had to call the camp couldn't take it any more 2 days ago to see how she was doing. I'm so happy for her. She goes into an 8 week life skills rehab to learn to care for herself with one hand and to do more intense physical, ocupational therapy and speech, on July 11th. This camp will prime her for that being away...or maybe prime me I think is more like it. We miss her so much!
                                Nancy Cry

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 8:49am

That's awesome news about Mandy!  Sounds like she's having a great time!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #7 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 9:36am

Glad to hear Mandy is having a blast.  Smiley

Are you having some fun Nancy? Sometimes it's harder for the parents to remember how to have fun after all you have been thru.  Smiley

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2005 at 11:09am

Nancy,I am soooo happy for you both!!! I know what the daily care is and I"m sure now that you know she's doing great you can maybe rest just a bit.It really brought tears to my eyes to hear you talk about this.I hope some day I can do this for Kathleen and "let her go". She goes to school every day but it's filled with people she's know for 3 yrs.Even still I just can't wait till I pick her up every afternoon.I'm looking forward to summer but know that it's going to be a long day with ehr home and us trying to keep up with our therapies and schoolwork at home.The 8 week life skills camp sounds AMAZNG!!! I know that one day we will definatly need this.I just don't know how young they would start a child and I know I could only do it if it was just a "day camp" type.I wonder if rehab hospitals take this type of patient? She was in a rehab for a month right after her strokes, but her needs are totally different now than they were then. Again I'm sooooo glad Mandy is getting this oppotunity!!! Will she have pictures from camp???Would LOVE to see them! AS always I love hearing about you and Mandy.Waht a great mom she has and what a great daughter you have!Thanks for sharing....
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Reply #9 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 10:42pm

We Picked Mandy up from camp today she was really upset to leave the councilers. She actually went with one arm mind you, gun target shooting, did archery, canoeing, sang Kareokee(sp) did arts and crafts made leather key chains and stuff, was dancing (and no Mar she didn't do the macarena I didn't teach her it before you even ask). Went swimming, played kick ball did yoga, played games. The most interesting part I wish I could have seen was a neuroscience Doc. came in and let them touch a real brain (with rubber gloves on) and showed them one with a slice out of it and explained where they're strokes were and showed Mandy where her sta-mca was where they did it...how cool is that I would have love to see that, no wondering how after that huh! They said she was the comedian of the cabin she had them cracking up everyday, thats my Mandy, everything turned out really well she had a blast and wants to go next year for 2 weeks thats the max. Yes I did relax and enjoy my time as much as possible, yea Rena when you finally get to do it you realize you kinda did forgot how to relax and have some fun. Thanks for listening.
                         Nancy  Smiley

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 10:55pm

That is GREAT  ;Grin !!!  Those things really get them going too....now she may want to do more things, try more things...and continue to move ahead.  The 8 week skit sounds great too !!!   ;Grin CarasMOM

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 10:59pm

Oh wow Nance, that sounds totally awesome!! All that stuff she did sounds just like our Mandy before her strokes, doesn't it? I knew she'd love it and do really well!! I'm so tickled she had a chance to experience all that again. I could just cry. My prayers are always answered.

Thanks for sharing Nance. It made my day!!

Mar

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #12 - Jun 4th, 2005 at 11:37pm

Nancy,
Glad to hear Mandy had such a great time and that you did relax some.

Tyler is going to OH this summer to spend time with my family and I have been trying to figure out what I can do without any kids for that long. Heck, I don't even have a man to take care of....lol.

So I know what you went thru, and that is why I kept asking about you Nancy. Glad it went well for both of you.

Rena

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge