Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
NYC - Columbia Pres - Visit the Cloisters (Read 1222 times)
Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
NYC - Columbia Pres - Visit the Cloisters
Jun 7th, 2005 at 9:29pm

All,

After living just minutes outside of NYC, I finally managed to visit the Cloisters in the Bronx. For those of you who don't know, The Cloisters are a collection of religious artifacts that have been collected. The museum was built in 1904, and closely resembles a church/monistary. The amazing thing is that a portion of the building is actually built from the ruins of medeval European churches. Most of the collection is from 1100 to 1200 AD. There are lots of stained glass windows, chalices, carvings, some very amazing gardens...

The good thing is the Cloisters are about 1 mile north of Clombia Pres...a short taxi or bus ride and you are there...its a great way to pass a few hours between doctors appointments.

The only bad thing is that I ran out of space on my digital camera, and I was only half way through the collection....

And, you don't need to be religious to appreciate the collection....just think of it as art....admission is $15 (but is fully tax deductable)...and the admission is good the same day at the Metropolitan Museum in Manhattan.

Regards,
Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge