Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Las Vegas Press Release (Read 15635 times)
Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Re: Las Vegas Press Release
Reply #25 - Aug 14th, 2005 at 7:33am

I got to do a very brief interview with KITV4 6 o'clock News last week Wednesday, August 10, 2005. I only received the phone call about 2 hours prior to the interview, but I didn't want to give up this opportunity.  I was hoping that they could do a more "in-depth" story on what moyamoya actually is and interview my neurologist to answer any direct medical questions; however, I believe this interview was just to promote my recent fundraiser event coming up so they wanted to basically hear my story....  Our interview lasted about 30 minutes, but the segment that "aired" was no more than about a minute and a half to two minutes....way too short to explain what MM is and how it affects individuals....

Nonetheless, I've received responses from others here in the Islands that also have this rare disease.  Smiley  I hope to be able to organize a Hawaii Moyamoya Ohana Support Group where we can meet once or twice a month.  ("Ohana" means "family" in Hawaiian...)   I'm also directing them to visit this site if they haven't already been here.....to post/look for questions & answers, concerns and most importantly, support from all of you!   Wink  

Slowly but surely, we will all work together to raise MM awareness.

Aloha,
Shan

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/4836773/detail.html

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/1298194/detail.html

p.s.  Hillary, please PM me if you can send me a copy of your interview.   ;Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2005 at 7:44am by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Chelsie
Experienced Poster

Columbus, USA, usa, 418, 135, OH, Ohio
Reply #26 - Aug 14th, 2005 at 6:15pm

Shan-
Congratulations on a great article and video!  Nice job!  I'm sorry they didn't give you the airtime you wanted..I know how hard it is to "sum it up" in a few minutes!  I was recently featured in my local paper but the "angle" was how my yoga classes aided in my rehab.  I certiainly didn't get the MM info in there that I would have liked to.  I knew I was in trouble when the interview was 45 minutes and the photo shoot was two and a half hours!  ;Grin But every little bit helps and it sounds like you have definitely reached out to others.  You should be very proud of yourself!!!
Hugs,
Chelsie

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #27 - Aug 14th, 2005 at 6:33pm

Thanks Chelsie!  My initial reaction when seeing the broadcast was a feeling of embarrasment... I thought I looked terrible  Lips Sealed...but I know my intentions and the reason for doing it and the possibility of touching other's lives.....which makes it all worth it!  Smiley

Wow...your photo shoot took 2 and a half hours on top of the 45 minute interview?  phew....

By the way, how has Yoga helped you?  I signed up for my first Yoga class (Yoga & Anxiety), but it was fully booked.  Sad  I'm not quite flexible though, so I have my reservations about it anyway.)  I picture someone in leotards sitting on the floor with their legs behind their head. OUCH!   Shocked hee hee...  Seriously, doesn't one have to be "somewhat" flexible or in shape for Yoga?  The class I signed up for said that patients have to be in "general good health" in which I'm not quite sure I'm there yet.  Please let me know about how Yoga helped you....I'd like to hear about it if you don't mind sharing...  Cheesy

Thanks,
Shan

p.s.  I just looked at the video, and I noticed they focused on my hands at one point...did anyone notice DJ's blue MOYAMOYA reminderband?   Wink  I wish I turned it so they could see "MOYAMOYA.COM" better....
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2005 at 6:47pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge