Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MM.com Family Photo Album (Read 8521 times)
DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
MM.com Family Photo Album
Aug 18th, 2005 at 5:16pm

First off, I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you who sent notes to Jill (behind my back, lol) to be put into the photo album given to me in Las Vegas.  It was the most incredible gift I've ever received in my entire life!  Reading all of your stories still brings tears of joy to my eyes and I will cherish that book forever!

For those of you who weren't able to see it in person, I wanted to try and share what an INCREDIBLE job Jill and Tara did with your notes.  Trust me, the pictures do the book absolutely no justice; it is simply beautiful.  However, hopefully you can read all of the pages and get an idea of what it's like.

http://www.moyamoya.com/photoalbum/index1.htm

Once again, thank you to everyone who had a part in giving me the BEST PRESENT EVER!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

-DJ

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Re: MM.com Family Photo Album
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 5:58pm

DJ - coolest way to show those who weren't in Vegas.... your wonderful book!!!  I loved watching you open each page...your body language with it on your lap indicated...how touched you were and we could see immediately you'd forever treasure it just as we'll forever treasure MM.com.  ;Grin

Tara and Jill - Your magic did wonders to that very special book for DJ...thank you for doing it.  It is simply BEAUTIFUL !!!

Smiley Carol

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2005 at 7:07pm

DJ,

I am glad you were touched by the album.  Sometimes I think you don't realize the impact MM.com has had on people's lives.  Speaking for ourselves, we are eternally grateful for your efforts and the friendships we've made through your site.  The comments, stories and pictures provided by all were definitely straight from the heart!

To everyone else:  I would like to again extend an invitation to those of you who weren't able to participate in this book prior to the Vegas trip.  If you would like to, please send me text and/or pictures . . . Tara and I would be happy to make a scrapbook page for you and then get it to DJ for addition to the album.  The book is only as special as the people in it (pretty darn special, if you ask me!), and it would be neat to have everyone in our MM family represented.  (Trust me - there are plenty of pages left to fill!)

Feel free to PM me if you need my email address or a regular mailing address for pictures.

Hugs to y'all,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 8:54am

DJ,

First, let me say thank you for creating moyamoya.com and giving Kevin the best present ever. life. I said to your mom that I don't know if you realize the profound impact you have made on peoples lives through moyamoya.com  I have said it before and I will say it again as it is worth repeating over and over that without you and moyamoya.com, clearly Kevin would not be alive today. You know the story and you know Kevin had been turned down for surgery/treatment by numerous doctors and institutions. You must know that without you and moyamoya.com we may never have found our way to Dr. Steinberg. We are eternally grateful to you and moyamoya.com and the moyamoya family. Words will never be enough.  What we do know is there is a ruby in your crown when you go to heaven. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks for sharing the album online so we can look at it again.

For those of you who haven't seen the photo album it is absolutely incredible and heartwarming.  It is a true "story" album.  Jill and Tara put a lot of thought and effort into the album and it is obvious with all the fine details.  It is truly special and something for DJ to cherish forever and we thank them for their hard work.  As Jill has mentioned, if you weren't able to participate, you still can by getting in touch with Jill.  How special it would be to complete the album with the entire MM family.  Every MM family member is special and has their own unique story. Smiley Add your special story to DJ's special book.

Hugs to all,

Lore and Kevin

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2005 at 3:30pm

Oh my...this album is absolutely wonderful!  Unbelievable job Jill and Tara!  So creative! I  Smiley it!!!

DJ...also many many thanks to YOU for this wonderful site that has impacted our lives in so many ways!

My  Smiley is touched!

Aloha,
Shan

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2005 at 12:59pm

Dj- that book could never fully express how you have touched so many people. We all love and are very greatful to the gift you have given us all.

Jill and Tara- you two did a great job and you should be very proud. I have started my own little book Moyamoya book so i can have all my MM adventures togehther. It will start with my trips to Stanford then vegas and has plenty of room for the next gatherings to be included.

I have not been on much because school is kicking my butt right now but i want everyone to know how grateful i am to have this MM family. In one of my classes i had to share a story that changed my perspective on life and of course it was my MM story. My class of course was shocked but they all found it amazing when i talked about the MM family and how we were able to take this negative thing and turn it into a wonderful family. Meeting many of you in vegas was an experience i will never forget - it was awesome. i look forward to meeting others next year and the years to follow.

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

CarasMOM
Old-Time Poster

My 11 year old Cara has
MM.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2005 at 5:36am

Christy...loved your story about you sharing with your class....of your MM.com family !!!  My husband couldn't believe how much Cara and I "raved and ranted" about the "blast time" we had in Vegas.    He once said ..its just an online website, you don't know those people, how you know you'd enjoy being with them.   Oh honey I'd say...you be on as much as I have...you feel like you've known them your whole life....and in Vegas we just simply BONDED for life.    Then a phone call in our new house from Jill...impressed him...how she get our number...thats so awesome.  Then he goes "honey how come you aren't on....i give him a face.....he goes oh oh thats right you're busy unpacking. 

I just love it here !!!  Can't thank DJ enough for it.

;Grin Carol

Warm Hugs and Prayers, CarasMOM (Carol)

IP Logged

elaine
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Sanford, USA, usa, 465, 285, FL, Florida
Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2006 at 4:43pm

CheesyHello DJ, WinkThis BOOK is ASSUME Smiley I can't wait till THIS YEARS "Reunion" ShockedI Hope Everyone Takes Advantage of the FREE Roll Eyes Disney Passes,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND gets the Fan Squirt Bottles and "COOL THINGS" Because It WILL BE HOT Embarrassed 8) Shocked Roll EyesSEE YA in AUG !!!!!!!!! Smiley Shocked

Elaine
Elaine  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Been there, done that...

Wichita, KS
Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2007 at 12:49pm

Wanted to let you know I just updated the Family Picture page...

http://www.moyamoya.com/mmfamily/index6.htm

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it...  I help my neighbor and my neighbor helps someone else. Life is a wonderful circle!
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge