Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Moyamoya Families Affected by Katrina... (Read 3382 times)
Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Moyamoya Families Affected by Katrina...
Aug 31st, 2005 at 12:39pm

...I just wanted to send a special message to all of our MM family that was affected by hurricane Katrina that we are thinking of them and send special prayers and blessings their way...

The devastation we see on the news is heartwrenching...but we know that there is nothing that is given to us that we cannot handle.  I know it may seem easier said than done, especially when not in your shoes...but as with MM, which statics show affect about 1 in 2 million, stay strong, keep the faith and continue to endure...  We're thinking of you!  Wink

Our  Smileys and prayers are with you...

Take care,
Shan  

(not sure if it is only netiquette to include my "two cents" here.. better to be safe, so here goes  Smiley... Wink)
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2005 at 12:40pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Re: Moyamoya Families Affected by Katrina...
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 6:57pm

**Update**

Just wanted to let you know that we finally were able to get in contact with family members in Missisippi today!  I called the hospital where my mother-in-law works, and was able to get through!  She did advise me that they are without any electricity or phones (including cell phones) at their homes, but none-the-less, they are alive!  She also told us that the Red Cross did locate our other family members in New Orleans that we were not able to previously locate.  Evidently, they are staying in a church.  Not under the best conditions, but none-the-less, glad to be alive!   

AMEN!

We will continue to keep everyone affected by Katrina in our prayers and hope that they may all be blessed with the things they stand in need of...

Take care,
Shan

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 8:57pm

Great  news - we still are keeping them all in our prayers.  We have made a contributin thru the Red Cross for the families  that is the least that we can do for our fellow Americans.

Janice

IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 10:01pm

Shan,

Glad to hear your family is doing well. I have a friend in Miss. that I was worried about, but he is safe and far enough away from the brunt of the storm to have been one of the lucky ones.

I really feel for all the people that are now homeless and in states they were never in before. Losing everything you have has to be hard enough and to be put miles away from everything and everyone you know has to be even harder.

I have seen pictures of mothers reunited with their children too. Just thinking what those mothers went thru makes MM seem a tad bit kinder. I have been Thanking God that Tyler is doing so well, I couldn't imagine being seperated from him not knowing what happened to him.

I will keep all those families in my prayers.

Rena

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 9:20am

Shan,

It has to be a tremendous relief for you now that you have located family members.  Although they may be in a church, you are right in that they are alive.

A bus left Columbus, Ohio today to rescue 6 homeless families from New Orleans.  They will bring the families back to Ohio and give them housing, food and jobs.  There are already families here that were rescued by church members and living with church families. Although these families have lost everything, including some family members and have left the only home they ever knew, they are extremely grateful and have said they are looking forward to re-building their lives.  Some have said that although New Orleans has been their home since they can remember, they said they wouldn't want to go back because it is too painful and they couldn't go through this again.  Perhaps someday they will return to New Orleans.

We continue to support New Orleans relief efforts and continue to pray for the hurricane victims and their families.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 2:04pm

Janice-- Bless your  Smiley for your donation.  I saw Celine Dion on tv the other night shedding tears as well as anger during her interview as she too made a donation, and I believe made a call out to others in the entertainment industry to join her in making a donation to help the victims of Katrina.  It still seems so "unreal" to me at times that this is all taking place right here...in our homeland!  

Rena--As a mother myself, I too can't even bear the thought of being separated from my child and not knowing where he is!  Besides the physical necessities like food and water, I feel these victims also need spriritual, psychological and emotional support to help them deal with all that they have been faced with.   Smiley  The shooting of rescue workers is unbelievable, but some may be feeling that..."desperate times calls for desperate measures."  I just pray for peace and some type of order as soon as possible.  I'm hoping that as the victims receive the aid and support they need, things will hopefully "calm" down.

Lore--Amen to Ohio!  Wink  Much blessings to those who have come to their aid!   Smiley

Take care,
Shan

« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2005 at 2:05pm by Shan »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge