Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Might be a long shot.... (Read 2893 times)
Chelsie
Experienced Poster

Columbus, USA, usa, 418, 135, OH, Ohio
Might be a long shot....
Sep 11th, 2005 at 9:19pm

I had two exciting this I wanted to share from this weekend after attending a power yoga conference.  First, I made it through all of the sessions which were the hardest workouts of my life.  I had four bottles of water down in the first two hours if that tells you anything!  So I was excited about that being 10 months post-op.

The second might be a long shot but there is a reporter who might be interested in trying to get a story about my "come back" to yoga and working out in Shape magazine.  It's an interesting angle on MM, but like we have all said, anything to get the word out there!  My instructor went with me and was very proud that I was going.  She had a copy of the article that was in a local paper about my experience with MM and she shared that a lot so at least we got to educate a few more people. 

Just wanted to share!  Thanks for listening!
Chelsie

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Re: Might be a long shot....
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 9:23am

Hi Chelsie!

Great accomplishment with the yoga!  SmileyNot to mention someone 10 months post-op from double craniotomies! Good job!

How exciting!  Smiley

Getting the word out about MM is so very important to get folks knowledgeable and interested in the disease. It doesn't matter what the publication.  Well, maybe, if you get my drift. lol However, Shape magazine is perfect.  I see it in my doctor's office. Perfect place for someone to read about MM and then ask the doctor what it is and hopefully the doctor knows. lol   

You mentioned there was a local article written on you.  Was that the Columbus Dispatch? I am interested in reading it. Is it on this web site?

Good luck and best wishes getting your story in Shape Magazine.

Keep us posted.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 1:47pm

Great job on both accomplishments Chelsie!  ;Grin

I am all for raising awareness and getting the word out!  Let us know how it goes...

Take care,
Shan

Smiley... Smiley... Smiley

« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2005 at 1:54pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 3:34pm

Chelsie:

You are now my idol - POWER yoga nonetheless!  I say go for it with the article and kudos to you for going to the conference and making it through the sessions. 

I have had my 3rd class of yoga completed so far and it's finally getting to the point where I actually feel better and don't feel exhausted.  Long ways to go but every destination takes a small step first.  Smiley

Trina

IP Logged

shgr
Experienced Poster

Diagnosed December 2003

raleigh, USA, usa, 469, 184, NC, North_Carolina
Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 11:02pm

Chelsie,
You sound like my sister who has been doing yoga for years!  I am sooo impressed. Shocked I begin my first Gentle Yoga class tomorrow--2 months post-op. I will be thinking of your accomplishments during my tree pose!

I am also happy to hear about the possible story in Shape. Let us know how that pans out and what issue we need to buy!;Grin

Thanks for sharin',
Stephanie

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Dale Carnegie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge