Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My webpage (Read 3275 times)
Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
My webpage
Sep 15th, 2005 at 9:55am

I have a webpage set up with my paintings, poems, and stories posted.

I could really use some feedback.
www.geocities.com/oneofakindco

I have people wanting to buy my paintings, but am finding it is heart wrenching for me to let go of it. Guess that means I could use some support of anyone that has sold their artwork before too.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Re: My webpage
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 10:40am

Wow Rena, your paintings are wonderful!  I didn't get a chance to read all of your stories or poems (and honestly, was a little scared to venture into "Erotica" just from the warning... Shocked) but your view on "Racism" is superb!  Wink   When I get a chance, I'll visit again to read more of your poems...

Thank you for sharing!  ;Grin

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2005 at 10:42am by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 2:25pm

Rena,

Talk about talent!! Your paintings are awesome! 8)

Since I don't have the painting or drawing talent, I probably won't be much help.  Although your paintings are spectacular,  I feel if it is painful for you to sell your paintings,  then maybe the timing isn't right especially if they have a special meaning or close connection.   Perhaps you can keep your originals and paint a duplicate? Your paintings are interesting and colorful. They each tell their own story. I can see where it may be difficult for you to make the decision to sell them.

Your poems are great too!  I read the Angel poems. I can tell you have given your writing and painting a lot of thought and effort. I will come back to finish reading the other poems and stories.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents and I hope someone who has a similar talent can genuinely help you with the decision to sell or not to sell your artwork.

Hugs, Kiss

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2005 at 3:05pm

Rena,

Thanks for sharing your talents with us!  I am so impressed, especially with your paintings. Like the others, I will have to find time to sit read everything you've written, but your poems are wonderful!  I agree with Lore, if you're having a hard parting with the paintings, maybe you should wait until another time. 

If you ever need someone to draw stick figures for you, let me know, as that's about the extent of my artistic ability . . . .

Smiley, Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 8:49am

Rena -

Wonderful!  You are very talented....thanks for sharing!  I agree with the others - if you are finding it hard to part with some of your paintings, maybe now is not the time.  Perhaps you will feel better about it sometime in the future.  Keep up the good work!!!

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Rena
Senior Poster

Hi, My son Tyler was diagnosed
with MM in 2003

, Colorado, USA
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2005 at 9:16am

Thank you everyone.

As many of you noticed my heart goes into my work. I have recently learned that is what makes a difference between ok art and good art.

Shan, That is why I made the warning page as it is, I want people to think before reading it. I truely don't want to offend anyone and some of my erotica can be very dark.  I have been told the ratings and descriptions do give the reader a good idea of what to expect for the indivual stories. Just note, I don't read my own stories because sometimes they even shock me.

Lore, I have thought of painting duplicates, but I really seem to have a hard time of that too. Dang I just get so connected to my paintings.

Jill, Did you notice on the Acceptence grouping I used stick figures? I am just now learning how to draw people, and I really don't do well at it.....lol.

Shari, Thanks for the advice. Dang I wished it were easy to decide. I think no matter what I will always have trouble with selling my work, even though it also breaks my heart to have it sitting in my home being limitedly viewed by people. The life of an artist is very hard.....lol

Thank you all once again. I feel compelled to get my work out there, yet a need to protect it too.....hmmmm the same way I am about my kids.

I've learned to never underestimate the impossible. -Blake Sheldon-&&There are no failures, just options tried. -Thomas Edison-&&
http://www.facebook.com/wldrtst?v=wall&story_fbid= oneofakindco  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge