Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A quick note to all: (Read 3067 times)
itsme
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

aliso viejo, USA, CA, California
A quick note to all:
Sep 17th, 2005 at 11:58pm

Dear Friends,

It's been three months now since I had my surgery. My recovery has been all "up hill" and now I'm back to work Monday the 19th.
I want to thank each of you who opened my eyes and gave me the strength to say "YES" Dr. Steinberg is my only hope for the "treatment" of MAUI MAUI....
Not only did this surgery give me a "step up" on my health/life but it woke me up spiritually on many different levels. One of them is that you taught me there is "unconditional" love  amongst strangers and I  am blessed to be able to return that love to others.

Thank you~
itsme

IP Logged

gotchlorine
Old-Time Poster

Our daughter, Tara, lives
with MM

San Jose, USA, usa, 24, 158, CA, California
Re: A quick note to all:
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2005 at 12:08am

Hey Irene,

Wonderful post, and it brings to mind one of my favorite thoughts:

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!

So very glad to hear you're doing so well, and I know exactly what you mean about the "awakening"!  It's amazing, isn't it!!!!!!

Lots of love,
Jill

sca4gold2002  
IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2005 at 9:57am

Hi Irene Smiley

This site is always like meeting a new friend everyday.

I am glad to have had the opportunity to meet you in Las Vegas and have you as a friend.  You have a great sense of humor and I know you won't let MM rule you! lol Smiley

Denial is easy but I know once you made the decision to seek treatment you faced the challenge head on (no pun intended) lol Smiley

You'll do just fine.  I know. I can feel it in your posts.

Don't work too hard and keep us posted on your going back to work and your MM treatment progress. Smiley

Love and Hugs,

Lore and Kevin 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2005 at 12:15pm

Hi Irene,

Amen!  I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well and heading back to work. (I'm 4 months post-op, but due to other medical challenges, I'm still recovering at home).  You have been an inspiration to me, always there to provide support and answer my questions when needed...and I want to thank you for that!  Smiley

This whole experience has also given me a new outlook on life...basically that it is too short... My family and friends have also took notice to my personal "spiritual" growth from all of this.  I look at this as one of the benefits of me having MM.  I guess it's sometimes a natural human reaction when one experiences a LCA (life-changing event).   SmileyWink

I hope to personally meet you, and all of the other wonderful people here at next year's reunion...and give you all a big warm ALOHA spirit hug!  Smiley

Much aloha,
Shan

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2005 at 12:17pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

itsme
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

aliso viejo, USA, CA, California
Reply #4 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 1:25am

Howdy friends,

Thanks for your replies. I went back to work Monday, didn't take a lunch Monday or Tuesday (it was so busy) but I had to make it a short day today. I AM SOOOO TIRED. Boy, work sure piles up!

I'm beginning to think I should ask Dr. Steinberg to do my left side now. I need a three month break for the 3 days I've been at work.

Anyway I want to warn the people who return to work to take it easy and slow....YOU DO GET TIRED! I didn't believe it when people warned me but "tired" really hits you.

BTW, I've been getting THROBBING SOUNDS behind my left ear (had my right side done in June) it sounds like my heart beat but it's very annoying. It's been 3 months and the sound is getting louder, especially when I over exhurt myself walking etc.
Does any one experience that THROBBING SOUND post
surgery? Thank you MUCHO's for your input.

Best,
itsme

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 3:14am

Hey Irene..get back to work!  Smiley

You better take it easy!..don't over do it, now.  "And, remember to always stay hydrated."  That's what my dr always tells me...

Answer to your question, I have not had throbbing sounds on my other side (left side like you), but I've been experiencing headaches!  Urrgh!  I'm actually having a spinal xray tomorrow a.m. because my dr. thinks it may be the way I'm sleeping since I can't lay on my right side due to the surgery.  By the way, how long does one have to wait to sleep/lay on the side of the surgery?  Just wondering.  Smiley

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Sep 22nd, 2005 at 3:23am by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge