Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is there a doc in the house? (Read 2483 times)
nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

southside, USA, usa, 396, 219, AL, Alabama
Is there a doc in the house?
Nov 3rd, 2005 at 2:59pm

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback or advise on something. A week and a half ago I went to the emergency room with chest pains and they ran an EKG and told me I had a myocardial strain. I know what that is but thay told me it was from being overstressed. I have been very stressed lately but it's not from things I can avoid. My question is I am still having mild chest pains occasionally(mostly just when I get a little frazzled at work) so I was wondering if I should go get it seen about agian or if I should just give it some time to heal Smiley I don't really know the severity of this. I know they didn't seem very concerned at the er, but I don't want to mess my heart up either, especially at my age. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated Wink

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Re: Is there a doc in the house?
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2005 at 8:20pm

Hi Nikki,

I'm not a doctor, but my advice would be for you to see your cardiologist (if you have one), or your internist.  It's better to be safe than sorry, especially if the stress is coming from things you can't avoid.

Have you had any cardio tests done?  I've had few thallium treadmill tests, and I also did an adenosine test a few days after my couble STA-MCA sugery too.  I also had an angiogram on my Smiley a few years ago which I was told (just like our cerebral angiograms) are the best way to tell if there is any heart disease.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.  Just to be safe, please don't ignore the chest pains.  Like I said, even it is nothing, I feel we need to take heed to our bodies warnings and defense mechanisms.

Please let us know what you decide.

Take care,
Shan
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005 at 8:24pm by Shan »  

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 2:36pm

Hi Shan, the only cardio test I have had was the EKG. I have never been to cardiologist because 1. I haven't ever had heart trouble( I was a big athelete in high school) 2. apperantly nobody thinks I need to since I'm so young. I don't even know who the cardiologists are in my area, or how much that would cost anyway Smiley Thanks for the advise. I will talk to my husband about it and see what we can come up with Wink

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 2:43pm

Hi Nikki,

I don't mean to scare you.  I too was very active in high school with extra-curricular sports.  I started to see a cardiologist because I started feeling chest pains/palpitaions; however, even through all of my tests, so far (knock on wood), nothing serious I need to be concerned with...  I'm just glad that I've been referred to cardiologist to follow me.

As mentioned before, I would check with your internist to see what he/she says.  Maybe it isn't anything to worry about, but at least you're just taking extra precautionary measures.

Take care,
Shan

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

nikki
Experienced Poster

My Mom has MM

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2005 at 4:55pm

I do have a rapid heart rate and palpatations, but so does my mom and when she went and got it checked out they just told her to quit smoking and stop drinking caffine. I will check and see with my insurance if I can afford to go. We may just have to cut our losses and just go ahead and do it Undecided What did they tell you about yours? Thanks for the help Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge