Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: OK Who will attend the gathering in Princeton (Read 5354 times)
Seachelles
Old-Time Poster

God never gives us more
than we can handle.

Fredericksburg, USA, usa, 474, 157, VA, Virginia
Re: OK Who will attend the gathering in Princeton
Nov 30th, 2005 at 10:15am

Me - Friday through Sunday

Michelle
Chelles4U Chelles4U  
IP Logged

tomg
Experienced Poster

West and wewaxsation at
wast. What I crave.

HowellNJ, USA, usa, 499, 119, NJ, New_Jersey
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 4:36pm

;Grin   You know I'm in   TomG     Smiley

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 5:32pm

me - overnight - Saturday to Sunday.

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 9:14pm

me ;Grin sat to sun (possible mon, if I don't have to work)

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 9:33pm

Princeton....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  Smiley

Sorry about that....I haven't been on for the past few days and missed the original post. Princeton is a great little town with not a lot to do directly in town. Unfortunately, I spend way to much time there...I work in Princeton. I need to check my schedule, as I think I am scheduled to be in Albany NY that weekend, but I may be able to reschedule, as I REALLY want to join everyone.

In terms of hotels, I would check out those listed on highway RT in West Windsor (which is where 95% of Princeton Hotels really are). If everyone is worried about $$$, there is everything from Holiday Inn...Ramada....to more upscale hotels like the Hyatt and Westin. If time permits, I'll take the slightly longer drive to work and jot down the names of the hotels in the area...(darn I may be late for work  ;Grin). I'll also check to see if my company has any discounted rates in the area.

Just in case I can't make it...here are a couple of great restaurnts in town...

Triumph Brew Pub....down town...right across from Princeton University.....great food....GREAT MICRO BREW...brewed right on site...usually has some form of entertainment on Sat. nights when the univeristy is in town...pricing is great for Princeton...ranging from $8 to $20's....YES, I do spend a few lunches a month here...the Fish and Chips are the best.

Tre-Piani....located a few miles outside of town. Italian food....4-star rating and a tad on the exensive side. Located about 300 feet from the Westin Hotel in the Forestal Village OutLet Shopping Complex (Only about 6 or so Stores)....In my four years of working in Princeton, I've only managed to eat hear twice...and it was well worth every penny...

ON route 1, there is every national chain imaginable....Friday, Outback, Chevy's, you name it...and it is there.

In terms of entertainment...there is a comedy club in the Ramada hotel....about 5 miles from down town Princeton.  Lots of little botique shops....great to "window shop"....

Tomorrow morning, I will touch base with my family in Albany and see if I can rearrange....as Olga and I would love to meet everybody. However, we might be driving back and forth from North Jersey, as $$$ is a littel tight. And seeing that I drive the 55 miles each way on a daily basis, what is a few more days of driving.

Talk to you all soon,
Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 9:41pm

Oops...I just saw the Atlantic City idea.....I like this one the best....but  I also don't want to change everyone's plans at the last minute....but I am always up for blackjack...and there might be a good concert at the new House of Blues...

Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

jaredsis2
New Poster

brooklyn, USA, usa, 488, 138, NY, New_York
Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 7:02pm

My family and I will definately be attending... and we're with Greg.. Atlantic City sounds great Wink

xbabygirlx16  
IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 11:43pm

Hi all,

Just a thought, but I think we could go around and around on where to meet.  I think sometimes it just has to be decided (hence, DJ making a decision on Orlando).  That being said, Tom has initiated the idea of meeting, and it's been decided on Princeton.  I think for a small gathering, it's a great location.  Location is immaterial to meeting other moya moya'ers, if you ask me, as long as there are places to meet up for meals and chit chat (example: the Campbell household in CA!   Smiley).  I think Tom has proposed a good idea with the hockey game too.  

I'm sorry Greg - I know you work there!  Let's plan for Atlantic City next year?  If anything, I think your suggestions are great, and you would be an excellent tour guide!  Wink  In any case, I would really just like to meet you all, and hope you and Olga can make it.  

So far, it also may seem like we have only a few takers (less than five?), but I would also guess that with the holidays coming up, some may not decide until after the holidays to attend.  So, let's not forget that too.  

Cheerios,
Trina
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2005 at 11:43pm by tiomasai »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge