Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MM Surgery sked for March 8th! (Read 4719 times)
lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Oceanside, USA, usa, 62, 227, CA, California
MM Surgery sked for March 8th!
Feb 7th, 2006 at 1:33pm

I just received the phone call that my surgery is scheduled for March 8th with Dr. Steinberg!!  He's planning on doing the bypass surgery on my left side.  He'll do the right side in April.  I'm a little anxious but so happy to get this monkey off my back or out of my brain.  Can anyone recommend a motel near the hospital?  My husband will be traveling up with me.  God bless!  ~Lee~

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Re: MM Surgery sked for March 8th!
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2006 at 9:21am

Isuvia,
                 Go into patient resources and D.J. has alot of the hotels in the area listed.

IP Logged

Runity
New Poster

I was diagnosed with MM
since May 26, 2005

Brentwood, USA, usa, 392, 195, TN, Tennessee
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 12:10am

Hi Lee,

I am going to be at Stanford on March 9. My tests will start on March 10, 13, 14, 15 is the day of my surgery. So maybe will see each other sometime on your visit.

I would love to meet you and your husband sometime during my stay. I will be staying till the end of the month. I had surgery on my right side on July 18, 2005 but it did not take here in Nashville.  I had 60% blockage and now its just 10% improvement.

I sent my test results to Dr. Steinberg and he said I need a revasculization of my artery on the right side again. He proposed two diffeent surgeries EDMS and or omental graph. Have you heard anything about them? What type of surgery is he doing for you?

take care,
yassi

I am grateful to God for my life!
runity  
IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 9:24pm

Hi Yassi,

According to Teresa, Dr. Steinberg is planning on performing the Bypass surgery.  Unfortunately, I am not much help for you regarding the types of surgeries. 

We are planning on traveling to Stanford on 3/5/06 and will stay until 3/11/06 depending on how everything turns out.  We'd love to get together with you! 

Take care,
Lee

IP Logged

kotipup
Experienced Poster

My daughter, Daphne, has
Moyamoya

Landenberg, USA, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 11:21pm

That is great news!!!  My daughter, Daphne's surgeries were in March of last year.  Hard to believe it was almost  year ago!

You'll be in excellent care.  Please keep us posted, when/if you get a chance on how you are doing.

Jenny

IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2006 at 1:09am

Hi Jenny-
Thanks for your well wishes.  I'll post a msg as soon as I can.  That's amazing that it's been one year for Daphne!  I can't wait until I can say the same thing.  Take care!  lee

IP Logged

Runity
New Poster

I was diagnosed with MM
since May 26, 2005

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2006 at 3:12pm

Hi Lee,

Let me know where you are going to be and I will make sure to come and check on you either before or after my neuropsychology test on March 10. I would love to meet you before my surgery. You can contact me directly if you like Runity@aol.com.

take care and talk to you soon,
yassi

runity  
IP Logged

tingxindan
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

L.A., USA, CA, California
Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2006 at 2:24pm

Hi, Lee/Yassi:

We are going to go to Stanford tomorrow. Li's second surger will be on March 1st. We should be in the Hosptial from March 1st to March 5th and stay in the town till 7th, so we should be able to meet Lee becasue your surgery is on 8th and you may be there a few days earlier. But we will miss Yassi. We hope everthing goes well as scheduled for all of us.

Regards
Tingxin

IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 2:10pm

Hi Yassi/Tingxin,
I am excited about my surgery.  My husband and I will lv on 3/5.  I'll have 2 days of tests and my surgery will be on 3/8.  We are looking forward to meeting you at the hospital sometime during the testing.  We are also looking forward to meeting Jill.
Take care friends,
Lee

IP Logged

cass/kate
Experienced Poster

Daughter Kate has moyamoya.

Dallas, USA, usa, 270, 251, TX, Texas
Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 4:14pm

Hi Yassi and Lee -

Just had time today to get back to the website.  Have had my hands full with my elderly father and out of town.

Anyway, I am hoping we can meet you both.  We will be arriving in Palo Alto March 11 and will be there until March 15 at least.  Our daughter Kate will be having her 6-month check-up (time really flies !) and her testing for that.  We will be seeing Jill, Tara and Campbell also, so maybe we can all get together.  We will be staying at the Sky Ranch Inn on El Camino Real.  Yassi, I will call you in the next few day.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Hugs,

Cass in Dallas
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2006 at 4:14pm by cass/kate »  

IP Logged

lsuvia
Junior Poster

Diagnosed w/MM on 8/2005

Reply #10 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 5:18pm

Hi Cass,

We'll be staying at the Sky Ranch Inn as well!  We'll have to plan on getting together.  Send me your cell # and I'll send you mine.  Yassi/Cass, here's my email: lsuvia@yahoo.com
Tootles!
Lee  Wink

IP Logged

Runity
New Poster

I was diagnosed with MM
since May 26, 2005

Reply #11 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 8:47pm

Dear my new friends,

Tingxin, sorry I wont beable to met you on this trip but I am sure we will meet at a later date somewhere. Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Lee, good luck on your surgery on March 8. I hope to be able to see you sometime when I get in on March 9 or on March 10 for sure. If for some reason we  miss each other I am sure we might meet at our 6 months check up. Have a safe trip with your husband. Call me whe you get there.

Cass, it will also be great to see you while I am there. Jill has told me such wonderful things about your family. Please call me when you get to California. I am staying at the Homestead Studio Suites San Jose Mountain View in Mountain View California. Its about 20 minutes from the hospital on the main road. My mom wanted a kitchenit thats why I picked something so far. it will be great to have lunch with you and your family. Hopefully everyone else who can will join us.

Well, my headache is back and I am going to sign off. Take care of yourselves.

see u in about a week,

Smiley
yassi

runity  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge