Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anybody else experienced... (Read 1695 times)
marasmmparents
New Poster

Our daughter Mara has
MoyaMoya

Hermitage, USA, usa, 438, 125, PA, Pennsylvania
Has anybody else experienced...
Feb 18th, 2006 at 8:53pm

My daughter Mara has unilateral moyamoya. She had surgery with Dr. Scott in June of 2004 and is doing well. Her 1 year checkup went well and they saw nothing on the other side. We were very blessed in the fact that we found her moyamoya before she suffered any neurological damage from a stroke. My question is has anyone else experienced being clumsy. That is the best way I can describe it. Lately she seems to trip and fall alot and i dont know if this is just an uncordinated 4 year old or an approaching stroke. She doesnt have any drooping or any other signs but it is still worrying me!!! Smiley

IP Logged

pattil647
Junior Poster

Mom of Moyamoya Survivor

Langhorne, USA, usa, 484, 119, PA, Pennsylvania
Re: Has anybody else experienced...
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 3:17pm

My son Michael is 11-years old, and he has moyamoya.  He is extremely clumbsy.  He still trips and falls all the time.  He really can't run without falling.  He actually just put a large hole in the wall at our house -- he fell into it.  He can't walk placing one foot in front of the other either.  He also has visiospatial issues as well as fine motor skills issues. 

I hope your son gets better.

IP Logged

Runity
New Poster

I was diagnosed with MM
since May 26, 2005

Brentwood, USA, usa, 392, 195, TN, Tennessee
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 8:52pm

I am a 32 year old MM patient and I am very clumsy. I have been all my lofe but more since I was diagnosed with MM on may 26, 2005. So in my opinion, yes clumsy is a symptom of this disease I heard.

yassi

I am grateful to God for my life!
runity  
IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2006 at 4:43pm

I was sligtly clumsy before but now it is bad. I experence it more when I am tiered and not in my "A" game, Bad day mode. So I think concentration has alot to do with it.
Becky age 25

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge