Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heart racing in my head !!! (Read 8296 times)
ExtremeLife1986
Junior Poster

Live For Today !!!!

Boynton Beach, USA, FL, Florida
Heart racing in my head !!!
Mar 2nd, 2006 at 1:59pm

My name is Brad. I am a 19 son to be 20 year old with moya moya. I had surgery more specifically a left frontal craneotomy ( dont know how its spelled) with a graft. This though has to do with my right side though were there has been moya moya seen slowly blocking off I believe one of my arterys as of right now. At night or when my heart rate increases or I am trying to sleep mainly when there is very little noise mainly when trying to sleep its like I can hear my heart racing in my head with this sound. Does anyone now what the sound could possibly be ????

ßrad
Live4Today Live4Today1986  
IP Logged

Emily
Senior Poster

Diagnosed Oct 2005. Direct
bypasses: Nov 05 Apr

Brisbane, Australia
Re: Heart racing in my head !!!
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2006 at 2:33am

Hey Brad, I'm 23 and also have MM, have had an STA-MCA on my left side and awaiting *ahem* decisions on what to do with the rest of my head Smiley

Anyway in answer to your question... ooooh yeah do i know what you're hearing and yep i know what it is.

I call it "whooshing" some people call it "pounding" etc.. but yep it's our pulse and basically it's our arteries "communicating" together to tell the blood where to go etc...
I used to hear it in both ears quite loudly, now i only hear it loudly in my right (and very very faintly in my left). Some people still have it after surgery, I guess it just depends on the nature of your surgery and yous particular case.
I must admit at times it drives me crazy - i always sleep with music on (actually i always listen to music full-stop) but yeah it's not necessarily a bad thing as it means that the blood's flowing and that's what we want!

WWW rubygrapefruit https://www.facebook.com/emily.pip  
IP Logged

ExtremeLife1986
Junior Poster

Live For Today !!!!

Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2006 at 7:23pm

Well I too am waiting on my right side as I have been told I will need surgery on it but the decision when to have it done is still unknown. That is where I hear it and yea that would make sense cause when im doing something or listening to something I dont hear it. Thanks for the post !!!

ßrad
IP Logged

itsme
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

aliso viejo, USA, CA, California
Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2006 at 6:36pm

Hi Itsme.....

HAHAHA I think it's funny because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE ABOUT...although I said THUMPING NOSES.
YES, I had my surgery in June 2005 and I didn't notice it that much but lately....I feel like I have a HEART BEHIND MY EARS. I had my right side done but the LOUD NOICE IS BEHIND my LEFT EAR......what is with that?
Sometimes it's very annoying and the sound is so distracting.
Don't worry though cause it looks like a lot of us have to deal with this sound. At least we know somethings flowing like the "Raging River" AND playing the "Dueling
Banjo's" ALTHOUGH I know you are too young to know that song and movie, hahaha.

Best,
itsme

PS) Keep me posted on noise the and I hope it disappears for all of who are dealing with this.

IP Logged

patch
Junior Poster

NEWCASTLE, Australia, australia, 325, 238, NSW, New_South_Wales
Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 2:00am

Hi

I was at my neurologist today, and during the course of the conversation was whinging about my thumping pulse !

He said no solution (as we all know too well), but suggested I search the web for sites on tinnitus for ways to deal with it. (tinnitus is "ringing in the ears").

I am going to trawl the net tonight - who knows what I will find !

regards from a fellow sufferer

Helene

IP Logged

cherylb
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

staten island, NY, New_York
Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2006 at 12:21pm

Hello all,
             I do have the same issue.  It drives me insane it is so annoying,  sometimes the sound is louder than some.  I am wondering if we will continue to hear this for the rest of our lives.  I really hope not.  Good luck to you all.
Cheryl

cheryl

IP Logged

Emily
Senior Poster

Brisbane, Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2006 at 5:39am

i've come to terms with it.... it can only get annoying when i'm trying to get to sleep sometines...

oh and when i've drunk too much champagne and my pulse is racing like crazy... hmmmm

anyway as someone once said, it is our blood flowing which means i guess that we're still working, which is cool!

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2006 at 9:02am

Hi All -

Yes, I've had this whooshing sound in my ears for ever, it seems!  Acutally, I don't notice it all the time - usually when I'm in bed or when I'm relaxing on the couch watching TV.  Anyway, mine went away for a little while after my surgeries but came back again.  Oh well! I guess we know that our brains are doing what they're supposed be doing!

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

ExtremeLife1986
Junior Poster

Live For Today !!!!

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 9:22am

Hello,

Yes I too mainly notice when I am trying to rest or there is peace and quiet around. For now anyway at the current couple of days I have not noticed them wich is normal usually i go threw periods were i hear it then periods where I dont. I havew a nuerologist appoinment today infact it is in a few min so we shall see. Thankyou to everyone for writing !!!!!

ßrad
IP Logged

ntrlpwr
Junior Poster

have faith, the Lord is
my savior   dx 2006

Pearl City, USA, usa, HI, Hawaii
Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 8:57pm

i don't have whooshing sounds but i've been experiencing pain in both ears first in my ear on the side i had surgery on now it's on the other side.  it's like deep pain and something sharp pains.

aloha,&&Brandie

IP Logged

Emily
Senior Poster

Brisbane, Australia
Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2007 at 2:34am

does it feel like a structural pain? like joint/bone?....

IP Logged

Becky
Old-Time Poster

Stroke10/03, Diagnosed6/04,
Unilateral Surgery9/04

Minneapolis, USA, usa, 303, 84, MN, Minnesota
Reply #11 - Apr 28th, 2007 at 3:55pm

I have it too. When I work out I get the thumping that is when I know to rest and try to lower my blood pressure. At night I run a fan to drowned the thummping it has worked thus far.
Good luck.
Becky

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. And sometimes leaves a cool looking scar.     STA-MCA bypass and EMS Surgeries done at same time at the Mayo clinic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge