Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Feeling Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 4432 times)
larab
New Poster

norwood, USA, usa, 513, 83, MA, Massachusetts
Feeling Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 26th, 2006 at 11:13pm

I submitted a post a couple of weeks ago and no one replied Smiley I am new to this site as well as MM.

I was diagnosed in 03/06 and it was really bad that I had my first surgery 05/15/06.

I still get headaches and I also get the paralysis on the left side. The surgery was on my right. I went to the ER from work 2 weeks ago because the headaches were getting back to the way they were before the surgery and my wholw lwft side was numb, weak and tingly Smiley

The MRI shows new growth, I think that is good. O see my neurologist on 09/07/06 Smiley

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Re: Feeling Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 10:38am

Hi Larah

Please do not feel alone.  There are great people on this board.  My suggestion is that your post should appear under the - information and support.  A lot of times I just check the I&S and this post is under - local meetings and gatherings.

My sister is the one with mm and she had a - wait and see doctor/s.  I am so glad that you had the surgery/s.  Who did your surgeries?  I hope that your headaches have subsided. 

Janice

IP Logged

itsme
Experienced Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

aliso viejo, USA, CA, California
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 3:05pm

Hi Larab!

Oh no, don't feel alone. We've all been there ( at least the majority on this board).
I just had my surgery in June 2005...it's been a little over
a year but it's all good. I will go back to see how everything is POST surgery and praying everyday it hasn't gotten worse. I had my right side done at Stanford but I a still dealing with my left. On top of that I am diabetic but LIFE GOES ON.  I don't get headaches, although the SCREW and the incession still bothers me at times. I also hear loud thumping on my left side but I
just say THANK YOU at least something is flowing.
Tell us more on where you had the surgery, diagnosis, etc.
It takes time for everything to 'gel' don't worry I am sure you
in are in good hands.
We love to hear from you so please let us know how you are doing and you can email me etc. anytime.

itsme

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2006 at 5:11pm

Hi Larab,

I am so sorry your post was not responded to. You’re not alone! We're like family here, and we’re all here to help one another in any way we can, but I have to agree with Janice when she suggested that you post on the “MM support” part of the website to get a specific response to a MM question. I too keep up more on the “support” part of the website, rather than “local meetings & gatherings” or the “jibber jabber” section.

In regards to your other post… I do remember reading that you had surgery on one side in May of this year, with Dr. Oglvy, and I personally felt uncomfortable answering a question that I felt only a neurosurgeon that knows your specifics, like Dr. Oglvy, could answer. For example, I didn’t know what type of surgery you had. If you had the “Indirect Revascularization,” then perhaps one could have posted, that it takes time with the indirect method to produce new blood vessel growth to the brain and maybe that’s why you’re still having headaches & paralysis, just give it time, but again, I didn’t know your specific type of surgery, maybe you had the “direct” surgery, where you would have gotten immediate blood flow to the brain if it was successful, and if so... there could be numerous other things that we don’t know about causing your symptoms. So you see how hard it is to answer your question… “Will this get better as well as the headaches and paralysis?” We don’t know your specifics and we already know every MM case is different because of each person’s individual factors involved. But we’re always here for you if there is something we can help you with. Please NEVER feel that you're alone. I can honestly say, I know YOU and every person in our MM family is in my thoughts and prayers each day, so you can't be alone!

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having these symptoms though. Please keep in close contact with your doctors about your symptoms. Delay could allow unnecessary progression of disease on the other side of the brain.

Please keep us informed and I sincerely hope you improve every day. Know we’re here for you!Smiley

Mar
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2006 at 5:14pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge