Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sadly, my Dad passed on... (Read 8658 times)
lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Sadly, my Dad passed on...
Dec 27th, 2006 at 12:02am

Hi guys,

Well, December has been a difficult month for me. I suffered a TIA leaving my left side numb, a massive flu (still lingering after 2.5 weeks) and two trips to Boston for my Dad. One to say my last goodbye's and the other....for his services.

I heard he was very weak. (end stage heart, kidney and diabetes along with fighting a pneumonia) so I went up quickly on Friday the 8th of December. He was unresponsive with the exception of 15 seconds...he momentarily opened his eyes...they were alive with excitement...and he KNEW I had come to visit....a wisp of a smile...then he returned to unconciousness. Later that day the docs all gathered to consult with the family and they were of the opinion to stop his feeding tubes as he kept pulling them out and apparently they were causing him discomfort. He could not win the battle of an aggressive pneumonia so the goal was to make him comfortable.

On Saturday, I was expecting a worsened state, but to my surprise he was somewhat responsive. He could not open his eyes, but he could squeaze my hand and nod his head or shake side to side for a negative answer. He put both hands on mine and he listened to my words of endearment and courage for the journey he must soon make.

I traved back on Sunday morning.....he passed on Sunday night December 10th.

I returned a few days later for the services and a tribute to a wonderful man that was "my daddy"

I am posting this to share with you, as it is another small blessing of my affliction with Moyamoya.

My MM diagnosis deeply upset my dad, and he was quite worried for me. This enabled us to have deeper conversations over these last few months and share our inner feelings. It brought us all a little closer and made it easier to say "I love you" with every call.

I am happy that he witnessed my successful surgery and I was able to show him that he need not worry about me. He was a gentle giant and I will miss him deeply. He left this life as he lived it..... peacefully and thankful to all around him.

Diane

My Mom passed suddenly in 1991 and it still seems surreal. I was blessed to have them influencing my life.

I suppose they will always be a part of my actions and my character. I hope I will face the challenges with grace and integrity.

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Re: Sadly, my Dad passed on...
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2006 at 12:15am

I’m so sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences.

Continued prayers for you and your family.

Mar

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Reply #2 - Dec 27th, 2006 at 8:28am

Diane

Sorry for you loss.  You will always have the memory of the 'inner feeling' talks with your Dad. 

Janice

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2006 at 5:19pm

Hi Diane,

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your father. You are in my thoughts.

I lost my father in 1979 at the age of 52 and my mother in 2002 and a brother in 2003 he was also 52. I do know what you are going through and if you want to talk, please PM me.

From your post, your father was a wonderful and humble individual. Keep those thoughts and all the great times and memories.

When my mother was bad off, she said God was keeping her here to take care of Kevin. I assured her God would give Kevin to me as I needed to learn patience. My mother smiled and I knew then that she could go in peace knowing I would take care of Kevin. Unfortunately, my mother never got to see Kevin treated for MM but somehow I feel she knows he is doing well.

I hope you are better since your TIA and having an awful bout with the flu. Sometimes when it rains, it pours. I say it is a test of our strength. I am a better person and stronger for going through Kevin's MM journey and the death of my older brother in 2003 and mom in 2002.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to just talk.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

tiomasai
Experienced Poster

Arriba Arriba!

Queens, NY,
Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 1:35pm

Hey Diane,

I hope you are feeling better now.  As always, thinking of you.  As I told you before, I'm so glad you got to see your dad before he passed on.  I'm sure it meant as much to him as it does for you. 

Hugs,
Trina

IP Logged

moyamoi
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 2:49am

Hi Diane,
I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss. I too, lost my mom in 1991 and my father has just suffered a major stroke that has left him paralysed and in a wheelchair. I am not expecting him to last very much longer...
At least you have lots of close memories with your father.

Kind regards
Moira

IP Logged

STrantas
MM.com Benefactor

MoyaMoya Survivor Since

Philadelphia, USA, usa, 490, 122, PA, Pennsylvania
Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2006 at 3:45pm

Hi Diane -

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your father.  Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you...

-Shari

A smile is contagious...start an epidemic!
Dr. Scott did my surgeries - 12/29/03 and 1/5/04
STrantas http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/strantas?ref=p STrantas  
IP Logged

Greg-NJ1
Experienced Poster

Mis-diagnosed with MM
in 2005, arterial restricion

Teaneck, NJ
Reply #7 - Dec 30th, 2006 at 7:05pm

Hi Diane,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Just remember the happy thoughts, about the good times that you spent with him and he shall live forever in your heart and mind. My prayers are with you and your family.

-Greg

I was misdiagnosed with MM in March of 2005. In January 2006, I was told it is not MM, but rather a massive restriction in the MC1 segment of my left carotid artery.

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 6:48am

Thank you all for your kind thoughts....you are truly my very special group of friends!

My Tia was due to the stress and happened only two days after he passed on. That is a reminder how fragile "we" can be.  I am doing much better (still weakness & tingles) but, immersed back into my routine (like I had any choice) and reflecting on different chapters of my life. Death always seems to be poignant.

Now.....LORE!!! After reading your post....I feel.....I need to give YOU a HUG girlfriend! You have been through an emotional rollercoaster. That is quite a lot for one to bare. I am so glad you and Cubby have each other and may God keep you for each other for a long, long time.

Boy....when you, I and tomasai eventually get together for that "lunch".....it will be a bear hug! Put on padding....LOL

May this new year bring peace and good health to all.

smiles....Diane

IP Logged

DJs_Mom
New Poster

Grammie Lou  :-)

Weatherford, USA, TX, Texas
Reply #9 - Jan 3rd, 2007 at 8:23am

Sorry to hear about your Dad.  God bless you.

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2007 at 3:37pm

Diane,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad! I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you!!!

Love, Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

Shan
Old-Time Poster

MM Survivor ~ May 27,

Honolulu, USA, usa, 376, 346, HI, Hawaii
Reply #11 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 1:01am

Diane,

My sincere condolences.  I recently lost my father (last September). Being his only child, it was very difficult, as he was my hero, my mentor..my everything!  However, I know that it was his time to return home, and there was a greater calling for him at this time. 

I think of him often, and cherish the moments we've had. I know that the both of you have many special father & daughter memories as well...

One day, we'll all meet together again... For now, try to live your life to it's fullest...the way your dad would've wanted you to.  Stay strong and know that we're all here for you.

Take care,
Shan Smiley

"Love, Accept And Respect All Things And All Situations In Life … They Are Especially&&Designed For Your Personal Learning" ~Howard Willis

IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Reply #12 - Jan 10th, 2007 at 6:26pm

Hi Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father.  Please accept my deepest condolences.  Cry    My heart goes out to you!!  I know what it's like to lose someone dear to you.  I lost my father in 1978...just a few days after my 16th birthday (it was pretty much when I needed him most).  Lore...know what it's like, she lost her father on her birthday.  He's in a much better place and he is no longer suffering.  Keep the faith...God Bless.

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

moody
Experienced Poster

In all the thing I lost
I miss my mind the most.

richmond, USA, VA, Virginia
Reply #13 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 10:39pm

Hi Diane, I'm so sorry for the pass of your father, you are in my thought and prayer.
Smiley kieu

Yesterday is past, tomorrow is future, today is the gift, that why we call it present.

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Reply #14 - Jan 15th, 2007 at 9:14pm

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

Your kind words and support are really very touching. He passed on Dec 10th...today is already Jan 15th! It is hard to believe how fast time keeps marching on.

I am in a good place now.....smiling whenever I reflect on his funny character. In the last few years, he went through a lot medically....never complaining....but he certainly dealt with quite a lot.

We may be meeting in "cyberland" but I truly value the friendships made on this site. I thank you.....for being there.
Hugs....Diane

IP Logged

Elaine1
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Oviedo, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2007 at 1:43pm

Diane I Too am sorry you lost your Dad,,,,,,,,My Dad died of a Massive Heart Attack (at 47) back in 1979........And I never had a chance to say good-bye'''''''''I Love You Dad''
Just like my husband died 2 years ago in an accident (at 53 just days before Our 30th Anniversary''''''Again no good-bye''''''I Love You...................

Take-Care my Friend you are in my Prayers

Elaine Calvert

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge