Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prayer Request (Read 5402 times)
babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

kennesaw, USA, usa, 417, 219, GA, Georgia
Prayer Request
Mar 19th, 2007 at 5:36pm

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone would mind saying a prayer for a dear friend of mine. I am currently working at a private church preschool here in Georgia and recently one of my co-workers and friend found out that she has cancer. She is an amazing person who is very involved in the community and her three young children.

The doctors have put her on very intense radiation five times a week and three strong doses of chemo. After almost five weeks of radiation and two doses of chemo she is really starting to struggle and wants to stop treatment, but the doctors feel that her treatments are working and if she gets through this the outcome is promising.

So, if anyone would mind just sending out a prayer for her that she can find strength to get through the next few weeks. She could really use it!

Thank you for letting me take the time to share!

Christy

"Life is not a desination, but a journey!"

IP Logged

janicetedd
Experienced Poster

Sister - Patty w mm

Waterford, MI
Re: Prayer Request
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 6:19pm

Christy

Absolutely, I will keep her in my prayers.  What is her first name?

Janice

IP Logged

Mar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 10:28pm

Hi Christy,

I’m so sorry to hear about the illness of your friend. Please know she will definately be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs girlfriend Smiley

Mar

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 9:31am

Many,many prayers for your friend.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2007 at 10:34am

Thank you all for helping me out with prayers! Her name is Brenda.

Thanks, Christy

IP Logged

Nancy_N.
Old-Time Poster

My daughter Mandy Has
Moyamoya

Jasper, USA, usa, 436, 230, GA, Georgia
Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 2:27pm

Christy I will certainly pray for Brenda.

IP Logged

Lore
MM.com Benefactor

My brother Kevin (Cubbie)
has Moyamoya

Delaware, USA, usa, 419, 133, OH, Ohio
Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 8:19pm

Hi Christy,

I am sorry to hear about Brenda and her struggle with radiation and chemo. Brenda is in my thoughts and prayers.

As a kidney cancer survivor, I know how hard it is for Brenda and I hope she finds the strength and will to carry on her treatments and especially since she has a promising outcome.

Brenda needs a lot of support at this time and I'm sure she has many many supporters including the MM family.

Just a thought......... Brenda might want to talk to a clinician supporter/advocate who can help her through the tough times as they relate to treatment.  Perhaps there is something that can help her such as a specific drug.  I'm not a clinician but I have been down the road Brenda is currently traveling and I found that a clinician supporter/advocate was of tremendous help and I finally found the strength to be of a positive mindset.  I believe a positive attitude is everything with cancer.  Brenda has to believe she can and will beat this.

Please let Brenda know she is in my thoughts and prayers and that we are all cheering her on. If there is anything I can do to help Brenda, don't hesitate to let me know.

Hugs,

Lore

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IP Logged

lotsofkids
MM.com Benefactor

Moyamoya...Oh boya boya!

Akron, USA, usa, 421, 123, OH, Ohio
Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2007 at 3:46am

So sorry to hear about your friend Brenda. I do hope that she will pull through this and be positively effected by all the love and support given from those around her.

Be strong....Diane

Hmmm....seems I'm kinda "special" LOL

IP Logged

babyblue
Senior Poster

Diagnosed 2003

Reply #8 - Mar 24th, 2007 at 1:30am

Thank you everyone that has had Brenda in their thoughts and prayers! I know that she is very grateful. One of the other teachers at the preschool are printing out emails and taking them to the hospital to read to her so I sent one to her sharing some of your comments.

Right now she is still in the hospital because she still cant keep things down and is in a lot of pain. They are still giving her the radiation treatments (she has 11 more to go) but may have to postpone her last dose of chemo until she is a little bit more stablized. The [u]good[/u] news is that originally they found three cancerous tumors in her neck but a few days ago the doctor checked and said that he could no longer feel any of them!!!

Thank you all very much for listening and responding! It is such an amazing feeling knowing that you always have friends to talk to. Thank you with all my heart!!!

Lore, thank you for your advice and I will definatly pass it on to Brenda!

Love, Christy

IP Logged

Elaine1
New Poster

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Oviedo, USA, FL, Florida
Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2007 at 9:41am

Christy,,,,Let Brenda know she is in my prayers too !!!! I am a true believer that miracles DO Happen,,,,,,I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for all the people that prayed for me, when I had my first brain surgery and they didn't even think I was going to make it,,,,,,,,But Here I am almost 9 years later................
GOD BLESS Brenda (and her family & friends)  Elaine

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge