Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Moyamoya.com

NEW search box below... Search Moyamoya.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday ListDonate  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Since it's allergy season.... (Read 1979 times)
mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Since it's allergy season....
Apr 25th, 2007 at 11:22am

Well at least it is here in the great northeast.I thought I'de throw out the question yet again( I know this has been covered before but htere's just soooooo many pages of old posts).This is the first year that we've had an allergy problem with Kathleen.I'm wondering what's safe for her to take???? She hasn't slept good in days waking up crying, I think because she's so stuffed, and it's hard to breath.Another question someone might know the answer to is have you ever heard of a low fever along with allergies? I didn't think that this was os but My husband just read an article in the paper that stated that it could.I don't think it's an infection only becasue it just started,my experience with sinus infections was that it was usually caused by a prolonged sinus problem,please correct me if I'm wrong.Thanks for any answers you can offer,and sorry for  having to go over this again.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Janko
Experienced Poster

Take baby steps...one
step in front of the
other!!

Kekaha, USA, usa, 326, 333, HI, Hawaii
Re: Since it's allergy season....
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 12:54am

Hi Mary Grace,

Well, I ended up with a hayfever allergy while I was at Stanford (right after surgery) and boy was I miserable. Unfortunately they couldn't do anything for me.  I had to just suffer with it. All they could give me was saline nasal spray (every 12 hours) to help keep my nasal passages moist.  I didn't even know that I had hayfever.

Well, now that my surgeries are over and I'm home, this year, I started having hayfever back here (in Hawaii) something that's never happened to me.  Well, I went straight to Dr. Steinberg's office to find out what I could use (OTC) to relieve the sneezing and itchy eyes and stuff related to allergies and they told me to use saline nasal spray and a low dose of benedryl, and it's been working so far.  I buy the children's liquid benedryl (can't drink the capsules they make me fall asleep).  I drink a 1/2 teaspoon in the morning and the saline spray as needed and it's been working pretty good so far.  Hope this helps your situation.

Aloha,
Jan

Everything is not just black and white.  Open your eyes, see what the world has to offer....

IP Logged

mg12061
Old-Time Poster

Albany, USA, usa, 492, 84, NY, New_York
Re: Since it's allergy season....
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 8:17pm

Jan, Thanks for your reply.I jsut went out tonight and bought some Benadryl for her.She's just feeling so crappy with this. She's only been to school Half day Wed.(we had a dr. appt.) and then today I sent her in, and they called me about 11:30 because she was feeling so out of sorts.She hasn't been sleeping at night so I'm hoping this willhelp her get a good nights rest,she really needs her sleep to function.Thanks again it was a big help.
Mary Grace

rgrace5  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Moyamoya.com Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.4!
YaBB © 2000-2009. All Rights Reserved.

©2003-2018 Web Vision Enterprises LLC All Rights Reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises LLC and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.

You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge